Salvage Yard in Northeast Pennsylvania

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited October 2012 in HUDSON
I just discovered this over at the AACA Forum. Possibly it's already been mentioned at our forum here.

Apparently there is a huge junkyard of at least 800 cars from the teens through 1960's in Northeast Pennsylvania, and it includes over 75 Hudsons (including pickups). The place includes barns of parts, some of which are NOS. Everything is for sale but you may not remove the parts yourself. According to those who have visited, the owner if affable and has a "real world" feel for the true value of parts. Which means he's willing to negotiate but not to be insulted with a lowball offer. The owner's name is David Rapp, the yard is in Starlight, Pa., and the phone number is 570-798-0390.

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    JON WE WENT TO THIS JUNK YARD 30 YEARS AGO I GOT POISION IVY SO BAD I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK THERE WERE SOME HUDSONS A FEW CV'S AND A WOODYWAGON 42 IF I REMEMBER RIGHT BUT WE DIDN'T SEE ANY THING THAT COULD BE SAVED AND IF I CAN'T SAVE IT WELL I'LL JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2012
    Or they have collected more cars in the past 30 years .. .. ..I was able to pick up rusty Hudsons for about $250.00 till about 5 years ago,
    Roger
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'll take Paul's word for it, that this place has seen better days, but the writeup on the AACA board sure makes it sound like paradise! Paul, were you in the buildings as well, and found nothing of Hudson value there?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    About 5 years ago, I bought the last convertible header that he had . . . he even cut it off of the cowl, which was mostly gone. I still have it.
This discussion has been closed.