1949 hudson rebuild

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
New here :cool: I just recently purchased a 1949 Hudson off of ebay. Needs almost everything. I ahve a kanter book for restoration needs but it doesnt carry everthing that i need. Can somebody tell me where i can get some product book for the things i need from floor pans to weather stripping to various other items. Thanks for the help but if i owned a ford or a chevy i would have no problems on this matter. Thanks!!

Comments

• Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    Yes, and you'd still have a Ford or a Chevy. You made a wise choice. Walt
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Stffy, this site by Jon Battle will give you lots of parts available for Hudsons.

http://mysite.verizon.net/detailed1/Repro%20Table.htm

I'm just finishing a restoration of a 49 Commadore.
  • thanks will also join a club around me
  • Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    Stiffy64,

Look at Ken Cates Step Down Restoration website on the net. Lots of tips, links and sources. AlsoKGap for rupper products, a number of club members for motor and trans rebouild kits. Much can be found at this site by using the search feature. Sooner or later it gets into just about every aspect. There are also manuals and parts catalogs out there, and even us grumps are glad to help!

Walt
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I wasn't sure, when you said 'will also join a club around me', if you know of the H-E-T Club. If not, go to http://www.hudsonclub.org/ . Click MEMBERSHIP to find how to join the National, and CHAPTERS to learn which local group is near you. (Membership in the National is required in order to join a chapter). An absolutely essential resource to finding parts, advice and to tapping into the worldwide Hudson network.
  • Well I started listing all my links to parts guys and then I realized it would take too long. So I created a page on my website with all my Hudson parts links. I am new at this so please refer to to the big boys who have been doing it for years.

a quick page I put together of hudson links

If you want I can add my resources and clubs stuff also.

Cosmo
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    stffy64 wrote:
    New here :cool: I just recently purchased a 1949 Hudson off of ebay. Needs almost everything. I ahve a kanter book for restoration needs but it doesnt carry everthing that i need. Can somebody tell me where i can get some product book for the things i need from floor pans to weather stripping to various other items. Thanks for the help but if i owned a ford or a chevy i would have no problems on this matter. Thanks!!

First and always - search the Hudson Forum previous posts with the search feature. There are many, many posts out there with a lot of the info you need.

Ken Amman - Front floor boards

Green Mountain - Rocker Panels

(search the posts and you will find contact info for both)

Those are the only 2 I know of doing anything reproduction with sheet metal for stepdowns

KGap - seals, molding clips, grommets, emblems etc... (again search forum the contact info is there)

21st Century Hudson - steering box rebuild kit, Center steering pins...

Kanter - (you already have)

You'll have to make - or have made - any other patch panels you need.

There are several folks that sell used parts too - just be more specific than "everything" :)

Lastly ( a little self-promotion here...) I am resto-rodding a 49 Commodore and there is over 500mb of pictures and details at http://www.49C8.com

Good Luck - see ya on the forum!
  • thanks walt iam into looking for a catlogue or 2 for the begining of th erebuild also checked out the few sites posted by th eother member thanks for the info now i have a foot to go hunting on.
  • hdsn49
    hdsn49 Senior Contributor
    I recently completed a ground up restoration of my 49 Brougham. I also have had a 49 Sedan for over 29 years. I believe that the 48-49's are the nicest of the step downs, but everybody has their own opinion.

I would be happy to advise and answer any questions about restoring your 49 Hudson. Welcome to a wonderful world of Hudsons. You can not find a better group of auto enthusiast.
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    stffy64 wrote:

stffy64 - There really isn't a catalog of all parts you will need in one source. However when you get the White Triangle News there are listings for many different sources in the club for parts. When you can tie that network of people together you can find pretty much anything you will need. Don't be afraid to pick other Hudson owners' brains if you're stuck either. You will find them eager to help and that's what we're here for.
This discussion has been closed.