Electrolock ????

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anyone know if anyone rebuilds or repaires them ??? 29 Hudson, Thanks Ron

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Ron,

If this is an armored ignition lock and cable as I think it is, A similar system was used on Model; A Fords. It was an early anti theft system that grounded the ignition when the switch was off and locked. You might do some searching on Model A Ford sites. There are some guys that restore those systems. Try WWW.AHOOGA.COM and WWW.FORDBARN.COM Ask your question there and I bet you get some help.

Dave W. Fl (A Model A guy as well as Hudsons.)
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Ron P wrote:
    Anyone know if anyone rebuilds or repaires them ??? 29 Hudson, Thanks Ron

Ron,

Don't know anybody that repairs them - but I know somebody who has a tech bulletin they made up. TS 04-005, Types 8 and 9 Electrolock Service Instructions for 1929-1931 Hudson and Essex. Type 9B was used on 1929-1931 Hudson and Essex.

Drop me an email at HEThudsontech09@yahoo.com (drop the HET) and I'll be happy to send you a copy of that tech bulletin. It is not, repeat not, a Hudson issued bulletin, but the info came from a National Service Manual of the period.

While I'm on the subject - I have most of the tech bulletins Art Adams made up and put in the WTN's between 1977 and the early 1980's, plus ones that I made up between 1994 and current time using Arts format. I have them on CD and available for $10. Lots of info - will send an index on request.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

HEThudsontech09@yahoo.com (Drop the HET)
  • SuperDave]Ron,

If this is an armored ignition lock and cable as I think it is, A similar system was used on Model wrote:
    WWW.AHOOGA.COM[/url] and WWW.FORDBARN.COM Ask your question there and I bet you get some help.

Dave W. Fl (A Model A guy as well as Hudsons.)

Thanks Dave and Alex. I posted on there message boards and got a reply from a Don Kidwell that said someone named Mike Patrowicz has worked on the Ford electrolock. I will be contacting him and hope to get some information. Alex. I sent you a email about your offer. Thanks Ron
This discussion has been closed.