Hudson Service Merchandisers And other Stuff

hudsontech
hudsontech Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi everybody - I'm still at it.

Still available - Vol 1, Nr 1 (July 1949) thru Vol 6 Nr 7 (July 1954) - over 500 pages jam packed with tech info, information on accessorys, Hudson company info - page after page of interesting and informative material.

Hard to find the originals these days and if you do find them advertised you will pay $8 and up. Imagine what a complete set will cost you.

Two CD set only $15, postage paid!!!! Includes 12 Sales Facts bulletins comparing the 1949 Hudson to other 1949 makes, such as Packard, Buick Roadmaster, Studebaker, Mercury, DeSoto and Chrysler. Also one of these Sales Facts bulletins is a reprint from a 1948 Tom McCaill's Mechanix Illustrated road test.

Order your 2 CD set today - you gotta have 'stuff' !!!!!!! I thank you for your support.

We have added a couple new items - first is our General Information Handbook for Hudson Built Cars, on CD - $10.00. For a sample page email mail me below;

Also - back in the 1970's to early 80's the WTN editor, Art Adams, included in the WTN technical bulletins as a center fold. When I got a computer I started making tech bulletins using Art's format. I will stress here these are NOT Hudson issued technical bulletins - but material taken from many sources. Again, for an index, email me. These also are on CD and priced at $10.

For PayPal payments use the following email address: HETpax2728ab@netscape.net (Drop the HET)

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

26 Gendron Lane

Kennebunk, ME 04043-6517

[email] HETpax2728ab@netscape.net (drop the HET)[/email]

Comments

• Alex---I tried e-mailing you but your address was rejected by my server. A while back I purchased your 2 CD package, but I can not get anything from them after inserting them in my player. Question, has this happened to anyone else or is there something wrong with my player? Thanks---Cliff Minard.
  • hudsontech
    Tho Cliff did finally get thru to my email box I'll answer his post here.

In a word, Yes - I have had one other that couldn't open the CD's. That person was running a 5 year old computer with Windows 98. So it is possible that there are computers out there that won't open these CD's even tho they are done in Adobe Acrobat which should open on just about any computer. Mac's are another possiblity that these won't run on - I havn't heard from anybody on that.

So, perhaps we should run a disclaimer that "There is a possiblity that these will not work on older computers." However, that said if anyone has any problems please let me know soonest. If all else fails I will send another set, and if the problem persists will refund.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech]Hi everybody - I'm still at it.

Still available - Vol 1, Nr 1 (July 1949) thru Vol 6 Nr 7 (July 1954) - over 500 pages jam packed with tech info, information on accessorys, Hudson company info - page after page of interesting and informative material.

Hard to find the originals these days and if you do find them advertised you will pay $8 and up. Imagine what a complete set will cost you.

Two CD set only $15, postage paid!!!! Includes 12 Sales Facts bulletins comparing the 1949 Hudson to other 1949 makes, such as Packard, Buick Roadmaster, Studebaker, Mercury, DeSoto and Chrysler. Also one of these Sales Facts bulletins is a reprint from a 1948 Tom McCaill's Mechanix Illustrated road test.

Order your 2 CD set today - you gotta have 'stuff' !!!!!!! I thank you for your support.

We have added a couple new items - first is our General Information Handbook for Hudson Built Cars, on CD - $10.00. For a sample page email mail me below wrote:
    HETpax2728ab@netscape.net[/email] (Drop the HET)

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

26 Gendron Lane

Kennebunk, ME 04043-6517

[email] HETpax2728ab@netscape.net (drop the HET)[/email]

Hi Everybody,

Yeah, it's me again - the pest!!! LOL I'm still wheeling and dealing these CD's - and have even more stuff. How about a 1940-1947 Tech handbook with mechanical and tune-up specifications!!! Same low price of $10 for the CD. 118 pages.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr
  • hudsontech wrote:
    Tho Cliff did finally get thru to my email box I'll answer his post here.

In a word, Yes - I have had one other that couldn't open the CD's. That person was running a 5 year old computer with Windows 98. So it is possible that there are computers out there that won't open these CD's even tho they are done in Adobe Acrobat which should open on just about any computer. Mac's are another possiblity that these won't run on - I havn't heard from anybody on that.

So, perhaps we should run a disclaimer that "There is a possiblity that these will not work on older computers." However, that said if anyone has any problems please let me know soonest. If all else fails I will send another set, and if the problem persists will refund.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

F.W.I.W. I had no problem viewing the material on your CD's using my 5 yr old Windows 98 pc.
  • hudsontech
    wwhale wrote:
    F.W.I.W. I had no problem viewing the material on your CD's using my 5 yr old Windows 98 pc.

It's a bit strange - some older systems will work, others won't. Not really knowing what I'm doing on these things I don't have an answer. For those curious I learned how to operate computers using the "button" method - as in push this button and if it blows up I don't push that button any more.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    And they open happily on my Mac under system 10.
  • hudsontech
    bob ward wrote:
    And they open happily on my Mac under system 10.

Thank you for that info, Bob. I did wonder a bit if they'd work on Mac - but I hadn't really thought about it.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
This discussion has been closed.