49 for sale in calif.

Comments

• This car has been forsale for a number of months now.... price is two grand lower now at $10,900. Niels
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Interesting.. it's really a Super. The woodgraining on the dash and plastic glove box trim is the giveaway.The deluxe steering wheel with the large horn button is the one shown in the owners manual. I never had one like that. The deluxe wheels I had were the ones with the horizontal horn button. Makes me think that car is a 48 Super? it sure is loaded up with accessories. But no radio!

I think this was on Ebay a while back.

Dave W. Fl
  • yHIS IS DEFINITELY A VERY EARLY 48, THE HORN BUTTON AND STEERING WHEEL ARE CARRYOVERS FROM A 41 COMMODORE, USED ON THE FIRST STEPDOWNS, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    nhp1127 wrote:
    This car has been forsale for a number of months now.... price is two grand lower now at $10,900. Niels

10,900 OBO - I wonder what they would be willing to take to part with it?
  • this one was on eBay and discussed on the board here, this had the trunk floor cut out to access the fuel sender, remember?
  • mars55
    mars55 Senior Contributor
    I have looked at this car and it is definitely a 49. The first three numbers of the VIN are 491.

The floor pan is not rusted out except for the hole in the trunk. It is missing some of the trim pieces on the grill. The transmission is leaking oil and probably needs a wiring harness.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    No doubt someone just added stuff of other cars to dress it up. That would explain the early steering wheel.
This discussion has been closed.