gooseneck water intake, 54 vs 55-56; show purposes

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Just wondering, since I am restoring a 54 to near original,
should I put on a 55-56 style gooseneck (the one I prefer)
or am I stuck with the earlier style w/bypass, else I loose
points during teching?? The 55-56 is lighter and probably
more efficient and less complicated; even looks better to
me. Interested in comments from you guys who are into
show vehicles and competition. THANKS smile.gif

Comments

• See if you can do a search on this site for '54 thermostat that had some related discussions maybe a year - 18 months ago as I recall when I was having some 'stat/running to warm scenarios. There were one or two postings about the two housings.
  • I would have searched for the topic, but all I get is a "we cannot proceed" message, but perhaps you will have better luck. "Data rich information poor......"
  • First off we don't compete or judge our cars in the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club, or care about points. Our main concern is driving them. Second, I doubt if you will find a judge at a car show that knows anything about Hudson's at all. I've run into a couple that told me Hudson merged with Packard and Studebaker!! and they are supposed to tell me what's correct on a Hudson!! It's your car, put on what you prefer if you have a problem with a judge tell him to prove it's wrong with somthing in writing he can't!
  • There is no such thing as "Near Original". Something is either original or not. The only original 1954 Hudson in existance belongs to Herbert Bell. Don't make yourself crazy trying to do the impossible. Make the car the way you want it to be. There is probably no way that you will have a 100 point AACA car no matter what you do.
This discussion has been closed.