Reacquainted thru a Hudson....

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
First off, ouch... not sure if I spelled acquainted right, but oh well....

Anyway, got a good story from the weekend that I thought I would share...

I have a friend that I met in my younger day... (I can hear each of you laughing out there saying, Hudsonkid, you're only 30.. you don't have that many younger days...) anyway, I sort of lost touch with him for some time, and maybe ran into him here or there, over the course of 10 years...

I was talking to a buddy on the phone, and he mentioned that "Rick" got a hudson. I asked him what year, etc... and he said it sounded to be a 48-49, but was not sure. So I said that sounded pretty cool, I would have to give him a call...

So I called him up, and had a good conversation with him, found out he got a 51 Pacemaker 4 door, sounded to be Jefferson green (but currently black) All of the chrome was done on it, but needed the typical old car bodywork, and such, as well as a bunch of mechanical straightening out.... (someone converted it to 12V, and did it real amateuresque....

We (me and my other buddy) caravaned over to see the Hudson on Sunday, taking my little girl along for the ride, and it was pretty neat seeing two old hudsons sitting there, in close proximity. I was saying to my buddy on the ride over, that being that close to that many hudsons might be contagious.... that he might want to give up on the Big Block monte carlo's and early to mid 60's fords that he's into, and come over to the Hudson side, he laughed... said that probably won't happen....

We had a good time crawling around the hudson checking it out. It seems to be a pretty decent car to fix up, it had the floors patched, and needs some TLC, but with all of the chrome plated, and pretty much being complete, it seems that it will make a nice car.

I told "Rick" about the Nat'l Hudson club, and told him about this message board, and several other sites that are worthy of checking out. I told him about the PA DUTCH chapter of the HET club (which I keep forgetting to send off my dues..... ) told him about the Sunday after Hershey meet in Carlisle, etc... hopefully he joins some of these great organizations, and can reap the benefits as well.

Here's the added bonus.... i got an e-mail from my buddy, with a link to the AACA classifieds (I think that's what it was...) asking me what I thought of a 52 Hornet 4 door for sale.... I warned him that it was contagious....

:cool:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.