some nostalgia for you

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
For those of you that have noticed, I have a 26 (or 25, but who's counting) Hudson. It belonged to my grandfather, and has some nice memories for me from way back when.

Recently, my grandmother moved to Florida to live out her years (she's 99 now, only another decade or so to go!) and my parents helped to clean out her house in Iowa.

Anyway, anything related to my grandfather's business (Standard Oil Dealer, gas stations and Hudson dealership) came my way. I got that bag of treasures this past weekend.

In that bag was a belt with a Hudson belt buckle, some of the licenses that my grandfather had for his dealership, and a lapel pin (one of many) that was boxed. On it was a diamond chip, and the words Hudson Triangle Club. Picture is included. I don't know what he got it for, maybe someone can help. But, it is memories and keepsakes like this that keep me from selling this car and making sure that it lives to see another day. He spent a lot of time on it, and I owe it to him to make sure it survives on past my days, just like he did.

Sorry to wax poetic, but I thought that some of you may be able to provide some insight to what this pin signifies. If it only makes you wonder, that's okay. Enjoy.

HTC.jpg

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    How lucky you are to have a car with such great family history and grandparents thoughtful and well off enough to leave you the car and trinkets that go with it!

All I can say is SWEET!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I'll betcha that Ken Poynter could tell you exactly what that award signifies. His dad was a long-time employee at Hudson and Ken collects and researches that sort of thing. Assuming you're in the Club, you'll see his column most every issue of the WTN, with contact information given. You should get in touch with him!
  • This is why I like Hudsons, the stories and sentiments are great. What a nice pin!
  • Ken can tell you all about the stuff that Hudson gave their employees and dealers. Got some great stuff from him at the Reno nationals for my '37!
  • Yup, found Ken's contact information in the July/August issue of the WTN. Unfortunately, no email address, and I can't find my roster at the moment. Does anyone know if Ken has an email address, and if so, what it would be?

Otherwise, I'll check the roster when I find it, and if need be, I'll send him a letter.

Thanks.
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    JC;

Ken's phone # is 313-408-3775, his address is 19990 Woodcrest, Harper Woods, Michigan 48225. No email listed. Hope this helps. Gene.
This discussion has been closed.