Hudsons at Hershey

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
If you're planning to attend the Hershey car show and flea market between October 5 and 8, and you were not aware of the fact, there are several Hudson-related activities in and around Hershey.

First, the Club maintains a recruitment / hospitality booth in the Red Field (in front of the old stadium) all four days of the meet. It's at space RNE 24-25. We serve hot coffee and donuts (for a donation!), have a bulletin board for leaving notes, provide comfy chairs to rest your tired feet, and allow you to 'park' those heavy flea market items you've been toting around, and pick them up later in the day.

Second, many Hudsonites stay at the Quality Inn, at the intersection of Routes 11 and I-81, just east of Carlisle, Pa., about 30 miles west of Hershey. (Sorry, the special Hudson room rate has expired now, and all rooms are taken anyway). On Friday after 4 PM, and on Saturday afternoon and evening, a Hudson Hospitality Room will be maintained just off the main lobby, with snacks and drinks available.

Third, a Hudson Dinner will take place at 6 PM on Saturday night at the nearby Sunnyside Restaurant (three miles west of the motel on Rte. 11). No reservations necessary, just wear some halfway decent clothes and each party orders off the menu for themselves. Usually we have 50-80 people there.

Finally, a Hudson-only flea market will be held behind the Motel on Sunday morning, Oct. 9, between 7 AM and noon. Just bring along Hudson stuff to sell, no registration necessary.

Hershey is (as far as I know) the world's largest antique auto swap meet and many Hudson fans come from (literally!) around the world. And many of them end up at the Quality Inn. So stop by, meet your friends, and come prepared to have a great time!

Comments

• Sunday at the Quality Inn is terrific! for a local Hudson meet. lots of great people, and lots of otherwise hard to find Hudson parts! We have been going for the last several years! and we went to the old location as well, down the road, when I was a young dude!
This discussion has been closed.