Stepdown A-Arm Covers; Source? Patterns?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I almost forgot, does anyone know a source for the "covers" that are stapled to the inner fender to cover the A-Arms??? I heard that someone used to reproduce them, but I know they are not in the K Gap catalog. I always thought they were rubber, but have since learned they are sort of like a heavy burlap material.

If there is not a source, can someone tell me what they have done to make them and whether or not you have the pattern??? I am looking to reproduce what the factory did (for my sick mind, not for show points) as close as possible.

THANKS as always for any feedback.

Comments

• Dennis

The covers are a green canvas. I will draw a facsimile of the shape and send it as an email attachment. Dick Bell used to redo these covers. I recently read a post on this forum that he and Rita have shut down thier business. Replication of the staples can be done with wire bent to shape and poked back through the original holes in the inner fenders.

Cheers
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    Hi Well I Made Mine From A New One From Dick Bell I Used Black Canvas And They Look Great I'll Look Around I Thought I Made 2 Or 3 Sets At The Time And As For The Staples I Used Arrow #t 50 1/2' And Bent Them Over By Hand
  • KGAP will be offering these covers within the next couple of weeks. They will be offered in the online catalog. If you would like to place an order please call 760-868-2284 or email your request at KGAPHET@aol.com. Our reproductions will be in dark green of black depending on fabric availabilty. Look for our new online catalog that is coming soon at KGAP.com
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I have one good original to copy. it looked like black canvas until i pressure cleaned all the undercoating off and found the OD color. looks like old military canvas used to cover vehicles. There are a couple "strings attached to tie below the control arms and they have a flat steel piece slipped into a sewn pocket to keep it straight. I was going to have a local boat canvas guy do mine, but will probably go with Kgap and be assured it's right.
  • Thats great news that KGAP is getting a website. Makes it so much easier to get stuff. Good luck on that, can't wait to see it up and running.
This discussion has been closed.