need a clifford 4bbl intake and a chevy HEI for a 308

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi,I'm making progress on the '51 super 6 brougham with a copy of the 7x and a chevy 700r4 behind it.I need a Clifford 4 barrel intake manifold and I have heard somebody is modifying the Chevrolet HEI distributor for use in a Hudson,Can anyone help?,thanks,Dave

Comments

• Greetings from Colorado Dave!

Click on the photo below and it will take you to the Clifford page for the 308 intake. Once there, if you click on the "catalog" at the top of the page, it will bring up all of the products that Clifford offers for the 308.

44-0000.jpg

George T.
  • super651
    super651 Senior Contributor
    Dave, Why not use the Hudson Aluminum 2-barrel manfold as found on the 48-49 big 6

and make an adaptor for the G.M. T.B.I. (i will be making this set-up soon )

As for the 700-R kit that you have for the 308,could you post some pics. of it for all to see.

I have made all of the adaptors and have installed the 400-R on my HOT-HOT 308 eng. and will have the pics.ready to post by this week-end. ( your kit may be a better one than mine or LESS expensive ) ( my ride is also a 51 Brougham )

Hudsonly to all. Rudy.

In the process of installing a Turbocharger to the 2-barrel and will install the T.B.I. on the commpressor side.
  • Greetings from Colorado!

Do you have any information on the G.M. T.B.I. setup that you are putting together? I have been thinking along the same lines and would appreciate any info that you have compiled! I have current thread running at http://www.classiccar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3618

Thanks!

George T.
  • Clifford also sell a T.B.I kit for their manifolds if you follow the link to their site they list the kit. A bit pricey though at around 2K.
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    I haven't heard of modifying Chev HEI distributor for use in the 308, but would be interested in hearing about it. There have been posts in the past about adapting a Chrysler electronic ignition (from the late 70's, I think) to the Hudson- required just a slight amount of machine work on the shaft, otherwise said to fit and work perfectly. Wish I had more info, but maybe that can get you started Googling.
This discussion has been closed.