'28 Essex w/ V-6 turbo

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
OK folks

Here are pix of my latest project. That is a Buick V-6 turbo setting on the frame. My only issue at this time is I need to move the engine over 1 inch to clear the right side turbo crossover. What problems can I expect by doing this? Any other input regarding this project is greatly appreciated. I changed from an SBC to the V-6. Gotta be different. S-10 rear end that will have disc brakes.

Thanks

Dan

dlmarx@bellsouth.net

rembert, SC

Comments

• Dan:

I didn't go this way (turbo) , as I have a Buick V6 in my 29 Essex Coupe, have the original rearend in it, everything lined up, the driveshift slope is in the range it is suppose to be. The V6 has an Eldebrock cam, intake manifold, Sanderson Headers and Eldebrock Cfm 500 carb. Had to take 1/2 inch off the corner of the drivers' side head to get it off the the original steering box. I have a couple of questions for you, what type of front end is on your car and the s10 rearend is what year and how wide is it . I like what you are doing!!
  • Dan:

If you wish to email me the info, I asked about, this is my email

ptraxler@cogeco.ca

thanks Peter
  • Cool idea Dan. You're starting to see a few more parts avable for the Buick motors. Someone is making a new aluminum timing cover for them now. Anxious to see pics of your progress.

Jay
  • All I can say is, "tighten all those bolts good" this thing is probably going to be scarey fast!

Terry
  • Peter
    Just noticed your request from 1 year ago.!!! I don't monitor the list that often The S-10 rear end is from a 2000 Blaser, with disc brakes. Perfect width.
    Dan
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    Dan:

I didn't go this way (turbo) , as I have a Buick V6 in my 29 Essex Coupe, have the original rearend in it, everything lined up, the driveshift slope is in the range it is suppose to be. The V6 has an Eldebrock cam, intake manifold, Sanderson Headers and Eldebrock Cfm 500 carb. Had to take 1/2 inch off the corner of the drivers' side head to get it off the the original steering box. I have a couple of questions for you, what type of front end is on your car and the s10 rearend is what year and how wide is it . I like what you are doing!!

29 Essex RS,
    Love the setup with the gauges looks real cool

Mike
  • Here is an update of the Essex project. The frame was extended 9 inches to accomodate the gas tank. It will set in a 1 inch thick steamer trunk. 2000 Blazer 4wd disc brake rear end with Heidts front (39 Chev).
    Dan

• Well I tried to add pix, but didn't show up. I'll try again.

• Here are some updated pix. Body and doors are almost ready for paint. Frame has been extended for the tank. TH400 fits great. A 2000 Blazer 4wd rear end.
  • [attachment:1]C:\fakepath\Essex trunk012.jpg[/attachment]
    Updated pix.
  • 2 years ago here in Newport TN at the Moonshine Rod Run there was a 51 ford p/u with a 3.9 V-6 in it. It was a beautiful installation with A/C and Turbo. It was as I said,BEAUTIFUL. When we went on a cruise, On Saturday evening thru town I noticed it sounded to good to be a V-6. I had to check it out as soon as we got back to the park. Sure enough, a 3.9 V-6 painted body color with chrome valve covers that had transluent, candy apple green as was all the rest of the chrome in the engine compartment. I loved it and found out the truck was driven from South Florida just for the Moonshine Rod Run. For those that don't know, Newport Is on I-40 20 miles north of the TN/NC Border. Only 28 miles fron Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN

Bob
This discussion has been closed.