Pictures of factory Hornet trailer hitch bumper?

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi,

Here are the pictures of the trailer hitch bumper. http://groups.msn.com/HudsonEssexTerraplaneBulletinBoard/nielshudson.msnw?Page=2

After looking at it closely, I can verify that the bumper was not cut. It was pre-formed and bent professionally in a press then chromed. The license plate mounts perfectly on it and even has a small rubber grommet on it to keep the top of the license plate from rattling or touching the bumper.

Let me know if anyone has seen something like this. I hate to call it a "Mod".. it is too well done. Thx. Niels

Comments

• Niels-

Your bumper is not anything special or unique, it is a stock '52 bumper without the trim piece that surrounds the license plate. I own two '52 Hornets, and if I remove the chrome piece that surrounds the license plate, the bumper looks exactly like the one in your pictures, including the rubber grommet. Much ado about nothing, I believe.

Tom Drew
  • Tom Drew wrote:
    Niels-

Your bumper is not anything special or unique, it is a stock '52 bumper without the trim piece that surrounds the license plate. I own two '52 Hornets, and if I remove the chrome piece that surrounds the license plate, the bumper looks exactly like the one in your pictures, including the rubber grommet. Much ado about nothing, I believe.

Tom Drew

Tom,

yup, I know. I'm used to my 48 commodore bumper. Atleast I was smart enough to know that the bend was factory right? Thx again. Niels
This discussion has been closed.