200? Retro Hudson?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
After seeing what the automakers are doing when they try to "bring back" an older model car, I'm not to sure if it would be a good thing to see a 200? Hornet! Look at the "re-done" Chrysler 300, Chevy Malibu, Dodge Charger,and Chevy Impala. THEY DON"T LOOK A THING LIKE THEIR EARLIER SIBLINGS! The only retro cars I've seen that even come close, is the newer T-Bird, and the new Mustang. I hope, if they did build a retro, is has close to the same "lines". Just my 2 cents worth!

Comments

• Look at the 1957 Chrysler 300 front end, and especially the grille. The new 300 pulls off a modern version of that look pretty well, I think. The Impala's taillight treatment is a version of the Bel Air/Biscayne 2-light look from '61-'64, but they could've pulled it off a little better with a brushed aluminum or painted silver taillight surround.

I agree with you wholeheartedly with your assessment of the Malibu and the Charger!
  • wkitchens wrote:
    After seeing what the automakers are doing when they try to "bring back" an older model car, I'm not to sure if it would be a good thing to see a 200? Hornet! Look at the "re-done" Chrysler 300, Chevy Malibu, Dodge Charger,and Chevy Impala. THEY DON"T LOOK A THING LIKE THEIR EARLIER SIBLINGS! The only retro cars I've seen that even come close, is the newer T-Bird, and the new Mustang. I hope, if they did build a retro, is has close to the same "lines". Just my 2 cents worth!

Yes, it's to bad Ford don't make a good "newer" car. :(
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    I can't agree more!

I do like the overall look of the Chevy SSR "truck" - unfortunately GM missed the boat by not actually making it a truck! The new 06 SSR will have V8 power though so finally some performance!

I think issuing the same named cars (Malibu, Impala...) they would have made them more like the 60's counter parts (styling + performance) than the horrible late 70's and early 80's versions (lack of styling and performance)!

• I would like to see something like the '62 Bonneville 2 door Hardtop.......what a cruisin' machine!

Jay
This discussion has been closed.