Ebay - 32 Hudson Sedan in New Jersey

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-8-1932-Hudson-8-Antique-Classic-Car-V8_W0QQitemZ4581566321QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a fun ride!

Makes me wish I had "Leno" type money! 12,500 and a little spit and polish - lots of potential...

Comments

• terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    This would have to be a very rare car. Any guesses on how many of this model still around? I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell at the buy now price which looks quite reasonable if the car can be made a runner without too much trouble. If only I didn't have too many HET products already!!
  • SOLD!!! Somebody took the buy-it-now for $12,500. It may have been a good deal.

Not mine

Steve
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    According to the serial number that's a Model T Standard on a 119" wb - probably more of those made than the Model U Sterlings (126" wb) or Model L Majors (132" wb). Add to that it's most likely a Standard Sedan so quite a number of those were built, as opposed to other body styles.

All that said there were only 7,777 of all models shipped in 1932, so, yes, in that respect it is a rather rare car.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    1933 Hudson 8 sedans thought are VERY VERY rare.......only 3 survivors that the club knows about I think in a previous WTN.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    smcmanus wrote:
    SOLD!!! Somebody took the buy-it-now for $12,500. It may have been a good deal.

Not mine

Steve

I'm still new to Hudsons, have never worked on any car that old , and know that pictures can hide a lot - but this one really looked to me to be one of those that just might be a nice original driver with a modest amount of time and money to get her to run.

I wouldn't even restore it! Just make it run and be safe and then clean it up - leaving the patina intact. If that truly is the case the 12500 would sound like a fair price?
  • 12500 was a steal. Dan, I would have left her alone too. I hope that the purchaser appreciates what he's won.
This discussion has been closed.