Film Clip of Amelia Earhart

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
A lady recently wrote me regarding that famous film clip which shows Amelia Earhart christening the 'new' Terraplane, back in 1932. Her late father had told her years ago, that as a teenager he attended the christening and actually appeared in the movie as one of the crowd.

If anyone has one of the DVD's or videotapes of this movie, it would be much appreciated if they could view it, and see if indeed part of the film shows an audience, and that audience includes a few teenagers. The lady's father would be a 17-year-old caucasian, over six feet tall, very skinny, with black hair (if you can scan the crowd!)

There are a couple companies which offer for sale this episode on videotape or DVD but the lady is hesitant to purchase it until she's sure that she has at least a fighting chance of seeing her dad there!

Thanks,

Jon Battle

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Jon;

I just viewed the tape with Emelia Earhart christening the Essex Terraplane with a bottle of gas, and it shows a couple of scenes with the crowed in view. But I can't tell if any are teenagers.

Gene.
This discussion has been closed.