'54 Hudson Super Wasp Hollywood, home again

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
In July, "Ms Hollywood" returned home to Memphis, Tn, from the upholstery shop (Cool Springs Upholstery, Franklin, Tn).

There is a photo below, thanks to Wes Kitchens' post # 13.

The chrome-spoked wheels needed truing; returned yesterday.

Still thinking on installing a "Super Six" driveline (Buick Grand National) ... thinking; how seriously? dunno

After some further thought, I believe that I shall seriously consider attempting to SELL the car in it's present state. Maybe Trader-on-line, ebay, HMN and/or the 35th Annual Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction January 15th-22nd , 2006!

Any ideas on what you think it will sell for?

Comments

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I can't figure out how to view your pictures. Sure would love to see your Hollywood, Dave w.
  • Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    '51 Hornet with two-tone colot scheme. '52 SS makes easy dividing line. Have seen photo of a similar pt job on a '50 that include the darker brown on the door pillars.

Walt
  • Walt-LA
    Woops, Didn't get the photo attached, though thought uploaded . W
  • Installing a buick driveline?

got issues with the Uncommon outfit?

Mark
  • Hello Mark,

I've almost fully-decided to upgrade the entire driveline (been in the back of my head all along); was recently thinking about converting the BW tranny to a GN 200 4R. Just bought a "7BRF", and I'm shipping it out asap for a full and mighty GN Stage 1 buildup. The 7X engine will soon probably go up for sale on e-bay; it only has less that ~ 200 miles and runs great. Currently working on a deal to buy an entire turbo engine and/or a complete T-Type car for parts. But in the end, as it evolves, it ultimately may become an awsome ride; something I can drive to the drag strip, pull wheelie's and drive her home (my dream) while the AC keeps us cool and I listen to good music. Yes, I could have a "turbo-Hud" in-the-making! Can you picture that Hudson arriving to drag race at the annual Buick GS/GN Nationals in Bowing Green, KY? hehe ; I might get shot!

Better get back to the drawing board.

Cheers
  • Sounds like a plan. Be sure and let us flathead enthusiats know when you get ready to put the 7x up on e-bay.

Mark
  • Sorry, I can't pull up the pictures either!
  • I discovered that the file is 886 KB and I tried to post it on my home page but it only allows a maximum of 400 KB. Anyone know how to reduce the file size from 886 to 400KB?
  • I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but I've used a picture program (if you have one, like Adobe, etc.) where you can put the pic into that program and re-size it to whatever you need. Microsoft "Picture and Fax Viewfinder" that comes on most PC's these days will not work-- gotta a have a pic program.

Russell
  • Walt-LA
    If you have a photograph, you can scan it in using the 256 color 8-bit setting and save as Jpeg. Result shouldn't be too large. If on disc, suppose you could print in color and then scan. Round about, but if you don't have the software for photo's... Walt
  • Thanks for sending me a picture John. I re-sized it, so it would fit on this Forum.
  • That's the prettiest Buick I ever saw.
  • This 1954 Hudson Super Wasp Hollywood is FOR SALE; won't think about it any longer. It must be sold. Too many projects and I need the garage space.

It has a 7X engine built to last (only ~ 200 miles so far), w/remote spin on-off oil filter, new chrome and SS, electronic ignition, converted to 12v, alt, elec windshield wipers, new interior and detailed trunk with Wilton carpeting (red interior and tan in the trunk), detailed under car (a Hemet, CA, rust-free car and I have the documentation as evidence; prior owner's John & Marcia Segedy), front disc brakes off 95 Lincoln rear, exh splitter and AL duals out the rear, donut spare tire covered to match the interior. It has the BW 3-spd automatic tranny with lock-up torque convertor. Fully-insulated interior and trunk; foil-backed on the interior side. I have a NEW Old Air Products AC unit (Hurricane 2000) to be installed. New headliner by Auto Headlining, CA, plus wing-tipped 2-tone sun visor's. I have the original front drums, radio, PS, PB, rechromed front bumper guards and wheels too. This car had no heater from the factory. It has the Chrysler chrome-spoked wheels and the www Coker Classic tires (235/75R/15) made by Denman. Looking to sell everything in a pkg deal.

So, any ideas on what this car will bring on:

Trader-on-line?

ebay auction?

HMN?

Barrett-Jackson auction in FL or AZ??

Thanks,

John
This discussion has been closed.