"Stuck" Hornet Engine

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have an engine that came with a car I bought. I'm not sure yet if it is "stuck" or "Free" yet. If it IS stuck, can it still be rebuilt? Thanks, Niels

Comments

• yes it can be rebuilt as long as you don't go hog wild trying to free it. First off pull the plugs and get some oil into the cylinders. See if you can get things moving. Are you planning to rebuild the engine as part of your work here? if so don't worry about freeing just pull it and get down to rebuilding it. If someone is doing the rebuild for you have them measure the wear in the bore then decide what overbore to use. If the engine is original you should be able to do a 30 thou overbore and get it done nicely.
  • nhp1127 wrote:
    I have an engine that came with a car I bought. I'm not sure yet if it is "stuck" or "Free" yet. If it IS stuck, can it still be rebuilt? Thanks, Niels

When I got my 29 about 18 years ago I was told by the owner at the time the car was smoking when he parked it and it had not run in about 10 years. I heard someone say to use automatic trans fluid in the cylenders. Well I did and it sat for another few days before I turned her over. It runs great now and then and does not smoke. Ron
This discussion has been closed.