Jets hit the big time!

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
http://www.hagerty.com/NewsManager/templates/template_prot.aspx?articleid=819&zoneid=2

Looks like that with the high gas prices, a list of "Top Ten" collectable economy cars has come out...The Jet, the Metropolitan, and the Rambler are on it. Been looking lately??? :D

Comments

• It is nice to see Jets getting some well deserved attention. What is good for them is good for all Hudsons and Vice-versa. Personally, I don't care about gas mileage on collector cars. It is what it is.
  • If I had a jet... beleive me, it wouldn't get good gas mileage....
  • davegnh
    davegnh Expert Adviser
    Jets are under rated cars. I find most people who have negative comments about them have never driven one. Ask the man who owns one!! Sorry, wrong car--LOL
  • Chirped the radials on my Twin H Jet the other day by accident (in front of a cop!)

Ooops...
  • I think that any law enforcement officer can at least appreciated an "unintentional" tire chirp comming from a Hudson, here or there....

If I ever got a jet, I could only wish for a 2 door, and I would build one bad Hornet motor and put it under the hood....

But, the sheer physics of me fitting behind the wheel, are too great to overcome...

I'm a big boy....
  • I'm 275 and 6'1" ... It's a bit tight, but still more comfortable to drive than a Dodge Neon or similar.
  • Hey, i had a dodge neon... it was a 2 door....

fun car.... fast....

and I am 6'7" and 290~ it was comfortable...

my hudson is sorta tight....even with the seat back....

I cannot imagine a jet being anymore "roomy"
  • 6'7" and 290! Man you are a little guy...You ought to see me

get into my Subaru.

I'm right at 6' but 400lbs. I got to aim my big a$$ just right

at the door, then drop in.

My best friend is 6' and about 340. Both of us were in my

2000 Subaru 2.5RS coupe and a Indiana State Trooper

stopped us for speeding. When he bent down and looked

inside the car he busted out laughing! He gave me my

liscense back and didn't say a word.

IF and that is a BIG IF I could fit into a jet without using

a Sawz-All I would have one in my garage instead of my

50 Pacemaker... I guess size does matter.
  • All I can say is wow.....

I am with you buddy...

I think we ought to get all of the "bigger" hudson folk together and go buffet hopping!

I know there is a place in State College, PA that serves a 6 LB burger I have been meaning to try.....

THe fudrucker's 1 lb isn't much of a challenge....

We got several buffets in Lancaster County! that are worthy...
  • Ok, you guys make me feel small!! I'm only 6'3" at 260! Jets are cool little cars, I've owned several in the 70's. Fun to drive.

Imagine...a Subaru WRX drivetrain transplanted with the engine cradle and front suspension as a unit...just day dreaming.
  • Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    Gentlemen!

You can move ythe seat frame on the stepdowns- gaining an inch twixt you and the steering wheel . Alex Burr describes the procedure on Ken's Step Down Resto site. Four bolts. Ah what a relief it is! Perhaps Jets have same provision. 3X Walt
  • Yea I did the seat moving thing but a 13" steering wheel got me into

my pacemaker easily! I am going to have to make a offset mount for my

42 Deluxe Six 2dr. Right now its a little tight but I do fit.

I have always wanted a Jet but finding a 2-door in Indiana that isn't

rotted in half is impossible. Actually finding one at all has been impossible.

I can always back-half one that has heavy floor & rear frame rust.

Besides I don't like cutting up good sheet metal to make a race car.

PaceRacer50
  • Sarah Young
    Sarah Young Senior Contributor
    Interesting article, nice to see the Jet getting some attention. The gas mileage won't make mine a daily driver, but at least you save a dime on the weekend diner run... :p
This discussion has been closed.