More Scams

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
As many of you know, I am selling my 46 pickup.

I am amazed at the number of scam attempts that I have received since posting it on the hemmings website.

Do these people actually think that with all of the talk of this stuff there is anyone left that will fall for this stuff.

here is the thread

Hello,is your car i saw on add still available,please reply back with your final asking price ok, and also the pictures of the car.

Vin Roy.

17832 Everret Drive

Cincinnati, Ohio 45241

USA.

I replied and sent pics

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the pictures of the car. your car really looks great and i've already sent the pictures to my mechanic for the inspection, as soon as he is through with them i'll get back to you mainly on payment/shippment details for conclusion of the sale.....

Have a nice day,

Vin.

This is where I suspected something was fishy , never got a phone call… then BINGO !!!

Hello Jason,

The mechanic has gone through with the primary inspection of the car a while ago, so he will be coming over to the location of the car with my shipper to do the final inspection on the car and test drive the car before the shipper will pickup the car and ship to me at my present location.

also, i have arranged to send payment to you in a cashier's check of $ 16,500.00 which is a cancell order including the shipping expense, this is because i already have a check made in that amount that i wanted to use for a particular business, but the business went ahead of me because i didn't meet up with the time frame. so due to the check i will send to you is with my bank, i will instruct my bank to write the check in your name and send direct to the address you will provide through courier service, so that i will make sure it gets to you and you receives it in person.

please you're required to send the balance money $ 8,000.00 back to my shipper immediately you receive the check, so that he can be able to start the necessary preparations in offsetting the shipping charges of the car and securing the shippment, while you keep the $ 8,000.00 for your car, and send the current location of the car to him so he can come over and discuss pickup with you and you hand him over the title of the car and other necessary paper works. Please send your name, address and telephone no. where this check will be sent to.

here is my information for the title papers..

Vin Roy.

17832 Everret Drive

Cincinnati, Ohio 45241

USA.

vinocars@yahoo.com

Final reply:

Vin,

Sounds good, I really appreciate you wasting my time with your original and oh so well planned feable attempt at a scam. Don't quit your day job, if you have one.

Sincerely,

Jason

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Why, JASON! You hadn't heard of that eccentric old Ohio multi-billionaire, Vin Roy? He never did get much of an education (and so can't spell or write the English language very well) but amassed an incredible fortune giving shock treatments door to door. Now he indulges his antique car hobby in his own quirky way, overpaying the car sellers with cashiers checks so that he can get spending money from them in return (and thus not have to leave his house to go to the bank; he hates bankers). You didn't know that?? Oh dear, you've lost another sale!

(Hee-hee!)
  • This is a typical "Nigerian" scheme.... next time it happens, the police and banks love to sting these scams. Niels
  • Eight grand for shipping! Ain't that something! From central NY to Cinci is maybe 600 miles, tops...$13.00/mile; hell. sounds like a bargain! :eek: These scammers never cease to amaze me.
  • Lets see... Vin Roy.. Wasn't his brother ROB roy?No No No wait. I know his name is actually an acronym for Volume In Numbers.. Yeah thats it!
  • I would have sent him an email stating that your rich aunt had sent you a cheque for 24 thousand five hundred dollars and you will send it to him as soon as he sends you $16,500. And you had your banker go over the cheque and its all in order.
This discussion has been closed.