Finally !!!!

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I finally got paint on it Saturday , seemed like it took for ever .

Comments

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    The effort payed off. Looks good. I like the color.

Lee
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    Hey at least you can spray the final coats with all the doors etc on, thats at least a bonus,man its going to look great when fully trimmed

Mike
  • This wasnt in my original plan, but here it is ! My Dads Hornet had a Chry. in it too
  • essexcoupe3131
    seems to nestle in there as if it was supposed to be there from day 1

It looks very tidy under the hood

Mike
  • Looking good dude! And that chrysler should get it up and going. Man I gotta get working on mine.
  • That 383 looks mighty nice under that hood! You've got a very slick little coupe there.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Let me add my kudos! The little coupe is looking very good. Will not be long and another fine Hudson will be on the open road......
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Looks great! :D I like the engine compartment too, really nice looking.

Keep us up to date.:)
  • Thanks for all the positive comments !!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Stateline-

Did the battery get re-located in the trunk? Very clean engine compartment, and the color looks great!
  • Richie
    Richie Senior Contributor
    Looking great Stateline, you should be proud !! Richie.
  • RL Chilton wrote:
    Stateline-

Did the battery get re-located in the trunk? Very clean engine compartment, and the color looks great!

Im putting the battery in the trunk , thought that will help balance overall weight of the car
  • Looks beautiful! I'm in the process of getting my car in paint, so I'm going through what you've just been through. You have no idea how much I envy you right now...ha ha
  • Nice, clean looking mods!
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    stateline wrote:
    Im putting the battery in the trunk , thought that will help balance overall weight of the car

I put the battery in the back of my car. The starter worked better when I installed a long larger ground cable from battery to engine, instead of from battery to frame, from frame to engine.

Lee
  • A little more progress
  • stateline wrote:
    This wasnt in my original plan, but here it is ! My Dads Hornet had a Chry. in it too
    Where is the windshield wiper motor and cables going?? Walt
  • I replaced the originals with 2 spd electrics
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Really looking good. Can not wait to see it in Spokane in August......
  • Finally After 50 yrs. the old Hudson moves under its own power again !! I started on it a year ago this month, seemed like it took forever- it did take 3,000 pounds of sand blasting sand , four parts cars, a trove of mopar parts ,and all my spare time . Im glad all thats behind me now!!!!!!!!!
  • stateline wrote:
    Finally After 50 yrs. the old Hudson moves under its own power again !! I started on it a year ago this month, seemed like it took forever- it did take 3,000 pounds of sand blasting sand , four parts cars, and all my spare time . Im glad all thats behind me now!!!!!!!!!

Still not to proud of this orange thing under the hood- but oh well , I used what I had laying around, and I have plenty of these laying around
  • The dash , also came from my Mopar stock pile , all the electrical system front to back is 1970 Road Runner , guess its kind of a high class rat rod - at least I hope it is
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hold your head up high and proud, you have done an awesome job and only a year, think of the people where its taken them 1/2 there lifetimes

Mike
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Hey Stateline,
    Don't put yourself down! It's up and running and you saved another Hudson from the crusher. Looks good!
    Peace,
    Chaz
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

Its far from a Rat Rod and I dont know why your not real proud because most people will like the tastful way that you did everything building your Hudson with what resources were available, especially in a very short period.

It will be a real head turner....Enjoy the attention....
  • Ol racer wrote:
    FYI

Its far from a Rat Rod and I dont know why your not real proud because most people will like the tastful way that you did everything building your Hudson with what resources were available, especially in a very short period.

It will be a real head turner....Enjoy the attention....

The thing Im not real proud of is the 440 under under the hood, I wanted to go original - that idea wouldnt work out , so I changed coarse and went the V8 route, Im pretty happy how the car turned out-- guess I better edit the wording in the engine pic , thanks for the positive comments!!!!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Looking Good - be proud, you did a nice job!

How did you mount the lower ends of your hood shocks. I made brackets to move the mounting point out - because the shock was rubbing on the inner fender while closing...maybe you used a different style shock?

BallStud.jpg

CompletedBrackets_250x156.jpg

ShockSpacer_250x188.jpg

FinishInstalled_250x188.jpg
  • Rambo, thats your patent holding my hood up , you didnt say if you charge a royality fee -- I used a short gas shock like the new Dodge PUs use , but they strained the hood more than I wanted, so I copyed your car ( thanks by the way) did you notice the 1956 Ford truck hood stiffener rods on the under side of the hood, also Ol Racer thanks for the help on the rear sway bar and other stuff -- and thanks to everyone on the board for tips and answers to my questions , this site was a great help to me revamping the car !!
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Very neatly done. I really like the simple functional firewall/engine compartment. The hood stiffiners look like a good addition, even for a stocker.
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    What a tastefully done swap! That 440 looks like it was born there.

Great job!!
This discussion has been closed.