A HET Club Membership ?

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I sent in an application for membership and my check was cashed by the HET nat'l club on 21 Sept. yet I have received no word from them and when I tried to email the membership person (don't remember the name-its on my home computer) I got the email returned cause the address apparently is no good anymore.

What is the procedure? Are they supposed to send me something in the mail? How long does it normally take to process?

And I guess there is no chapter around AZ anymore.

Jay

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    jsrail wrote:
    I sent in an application for membership and my check was cashed by the HET nat'l club on 21 Sept. yet I have received no word from them and when I tried to email the membership person (don't remember the name-its on my home computer) I got the email returned cause the address apparently is no good anymore.

What is the procedure? Are they supposed to send me something in the mail? How long does it normally take to process?

And I guess there is no chapter around AZ anymore.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Ok, here's the deal. Your membership application went in AFTER the deadline for the Sep/Oct issue - which went out to the membership around the end of Sept. The next issue (Nov/Dec) will be in the mail around the end of Nov and yours should arrive at that time. Charlotte's email changed - in the Sep/Oct issue it's given as charlottesargent@cox.net . If you email her she probably will tell you the same as above.

There have been a few of us, over the years, who have beat upon the great wall that the membership person, or somebody, should have a few current issues to mail out to new members whose membership comes in after the deadline - then they wouldn't have to wait 6 weeks or so to start recieving their WTN. That said - even tho your membership was sent in in Sept - your renewal will be, most likely, November, a year's worth.

I know it's not much consolation, but after 35 years of having a great time in this club I can tell you it's worth the wait.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr
  • I still haven't got the RENO issue newsletter... someone told me they got theirs. Is it out yet?... Niels
  • Reno newsletter?? HUH? Do you mean the WTN that covered the RENO meet...That would be the SEP/OCT issue and it was sent out along time ago....
  • Thanks Alex, I figured there wasn't a problem, just didn't know if they sent out a membership package or anything. I'll await the next issue.

Thanks again.............Jay
This discussion has been closed.