What is a Hollywood?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Hornet and a Hornet Hollywood? Is this mostly an interior pkg? What's the difference on the other models as well? Please . . . fill me in! :confused:

Comments

• A hollywood is Hudson's rendition of a Hardtop. they were made from 1951 to 1954 for the stepdowns, in various models thru the years.

they have a thin rear roof pillar, share the frameless openess of a convertible (side windows)
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Speaking of Hollywoods.They share lots of common body parts with the convertible.Windows and doors to name a couple. I have heard of Hollywoods with power windows, but never seen one. It's a natural if you had the parts. Anyone on the forum have one of those? Ours has seat belts for the front seats. American Motors Logo sewn on them and "made by Hickock". Wonder when they came about?

Dave w.
  • hudsonkid wrote:
    A hollywood is Hudson's rendition of a Hardtop. they were made from 1951 to 1954 for the stepdowns, in various models thru the years.

they have a thin rear roof pillar, share the frameless openess of a convertible (side windows)

Was this only the coupes, or were the sedans also available as a Hollywood? :confused:
  • SuperDave wrote:
    Speaking of Hollywoods.They share lots of common body parts with the convertible.Windows and doors to name a couple. I have heard of Hollywoods with power windows, but never seen one. It's a natural if you had the parts. Anyone on the forum have one of those? Ours has seat belts for the front seats. American Motors Logo sewn on them and "made by Hickock". Wonder when they came about?

Dave w.

Dave:

What year is your car? What model?

Thanks.
  • SuperDave
    Only on the two door sedan (Brougham) platform. Not on a four door. Think of it as a convertible with a top welded on. GM had four door hardtops, but not Hudson.

Dave W.
  • coupes had the divider post between the rear window and the front window, hollywoods (actually it is the hudson version of a 2 door hardtop), think of a 2 door convertible with the top up and the windows rolled down
  • I got it. Always preferred the GM hardtops over the Coupes. Anyone got a pic available?
  • SuperDave
    RL Chilton wrote:
    Dave:

What year is your car? What model?

Thanks.

It's a 54 Hornet Hollywood. Actually belongs to "Mac" Mcnees, but I get to work on it :) ..LOL.
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    HI ALL I'LL WADE IN HERE AS I KNOW SOME ABOUT HOLLYWOODS YOU SEE I'M THE HASH GUY AND I HAVE 3 HOLLYWOODS YOU JUST MIGHT SEE A FEW HOLLYWOODS HERE

http://hometown.aol.com/Hudson1957/Hashville.html
  • HI ALL I'LL WADE IN HERE AS I KNOW SOME ABOUT HOLLYWOODS YOU SEE I'M THE HASH GUY AND I HAVE 3 HOLLYWOODS YOU JUST MIGHT SEE A FEW HOLLYWOODS HERE

http://hometown.aol.com/Hudson1957/Hashville.html

Thanks, Paul. Haven't seen your site before! Love the 'vert.

Russ :D
  • hahaha.. we've been "hashed".... .

Actually, Paul, the other day, there was a 57 Nash on the Bay.. that was pretty cool...

got me thinking about the 55-57 Hashes....

I think my dad was liking it a little too much....

Something completely different than a stepdown, but they grow on you!
  • Keep the restoration pictures coming, I am working on a 50 Pacemaker and need the education. what is the white stuff, is it just paint?
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    alexa wrote:
    Keep the restoration pictures coming, I am working on a 50 Pacemaker and need the education. what is the white stuff, is it just paint?

I have over 500mb (and counting) of high res pictures of the resto-rod of my 49 Commodore http://www.49c8.com

Feel free to poke around and ask questions.

Dan

This discussion has been closed.