1952 Pacemaker on eBay

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
For those of you who are interested in low production and singularly unique Stepdowns there is a 1952 Pacemaker sedan being auctioned on eBay.

ee_12.JPGda_12.JPG

This is the last year for the Pacemaker model and it is unique. The hood ornament is a single model item... affectionately named ... cow's tongue... the grill is also unique to this year... note it is sans struts. The only 52 model so delivered. This grill for tells the 1953 model grills. The rear tail lights are the same as those found on the 1953 Wasp and Super Wasps. These cars were solid economical alternatives to the Hornet and commadore sixs. 1952 was the last year for the Commadore models too.... a C6 Coupe or Hollywood is about as rare as it gets in the Stepdown era.

Happy auctioning

Comments

• That looks like an extremely well preserved car. I hope it gets a good home.
  • How about a 1950 Super 8 convert. for stepdown rareity?
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    how about a 1950 Comm 8 convert for rareity??
  • Actually this car is only a few miles from me. I am going to check it

over tomorrow and will post what I find. I believe that this one has

been in the Greenwood area for quite some time, just in hiding.

PaceRacer50
  • I went and examined this 52 PaceMaker today, but just for condition of the body and interior. The owner was not there so I couldn't check it out mechanically.

The frame rails look excellent all the way around with only light surface rust showing.

They are not undercoated so I got a real good look.

The trunk floor and rear floor pans along with the spare tire well are excellent.

The driver's front floor pan needs to be replaced while the passengers front floor pan need some repair.

Overall the bottom of this car is in very good condition and much better than the one I went to Oklahoma for.

There are signs of body work showing in the front hood corners, bottom of the

front fenders, all four doors and the rear quarter panels. I am not sure of the extent of the work done but it is visible. For a driver its not bad but you would want to redo the paint for a show car anyway.

I did not see anything that would need to be redone immediatly to be driveable other than the floor pans.

The chrome was re-chromeable. I don't remember seeing any pits that would require massive work to look good when re-chromed. The one year hood "tongue" was in fantastic shape. Even the taillight bezels were nice but the lense were weathered.

The only pieces of trim I did not see were those at the bottom of the fenders, doors & quarter panels that cover the joint between those areas and the rocker panels.

The dash has been repainted a light shade of green but looks complete. The seats have been re-covered and look ok. The same with the headliner and sunvisors.

There were no door panels in the car at the time I looked at it.

I was unable to open the doors, trunk or hood to examine these areas.

Overall my opinion is that this would make a excellent project car for someone wanting a rare 52 PaceMaker. It's going to take work but not the massive rebuilding that others here are doing.

PaceRacer50
  • Seems like a lot of work. Neat lookin' car though.
  • Hudzilla, and russmaas.....

I raise you a.....

1952 Commodore 6 convertible.... for rarity.....
  • 1952 Commodore Six anything!! Only 1500 or so of all body styles. My first Hudson was a 1952 C6 Sedan, wish I still had it. The next Hudson I had was a 1952 Wasp Hollywood with a full load 7X 308, really fun car.
  • 1952 Commodore Six anything!! Only 1500 or so of all body styles. My first Hudson was a 1952 C6 Sedan, wish I still had it. The next Hudson I had was a 1952 Wasp Hollywood with a full load 7X 308, really fun car.

But I think the 1950 Super 8 has us all beat....

I remember a junkyard we used to go to that had a 52 commodore 8 4 door, which was a bit uncommon.
  • hudsonkid wrote:
    But I think the 1950 Super 8 has us all beat....

I remember a junkyard we used to go to that had a 52 commodore 8 4 door, which was a bit uncommon.

A 1952 Commodore 8 is sitting in my garage. Slowly being put back togeather.
This discussion has been closed.