Oil Bath Twin H Brackets

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I need the brackets to support twin H oil bath air cleaners. It's been 30+ years since I had a set on a 51 Hornet. Perhaps I can fabricate them. :confused: A picture of what they look like will do

Thanks in advance, Dave W Fl.

Comments

• You said it!

I would love to see what a correct bracket looks like, and SuperDave, if you fabricate one, I would be interested in one as well. My brackets, are something I am not pleased with. Anything would be better!
  • SuperDave
    Dave S has offered to give me a hand. I'll post all the results here. Now to get the dents outa one of 'em. Paint and be ready for the brackets. There are a lot of helping hands out there in Hudson Land..I'm glad to see nothing has changed, just a few new names.
  • Good luck on them.

As a good point of advice, sometimes these get bad dents on the "twin H tube' where the decal is. I found that if you are stripping the surface, prepare an area where an especially hard to fix dent may be, invest in one of those paintless dent pull kits from Autozone or the likes, around $20, one of the ones that uses hot glue... follow the directions, and they really work good at pulling dents from the aircleaners, since some of them are real tough, due to limited or no access to the back.
  • SuperDave
    Great idea! Darn.. these Hudson guys are smart..
  • yeah, don't know how well it works on actual paintless dent removal, but twin h aircleaner dents, it works terrific.

I guess it was a better marketing angle for the paintless dent thing, rather than the twin h aircleaner dent removal kit....

anyway, if you get one, really clean the surface, really glue the thing down, with really hot glue, and wait "exactly" like the directions say, to perform the actual pull... very important!
  • russmaas
    russmaas Senior Contributor
    Doug Wildreck sells reproduction oil bath brackets
  • SuperDave
    Thanks,

Somehow I missed that. Dave S. emailed me and I have already emailed Doug. Things happen fast on this forum!

Dave w.
  • Howdy

While on the subject, does anybody have, or know where I can get, the round, end cover for the paper twinH filter? I am missing one.

Billy
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Howdy

While on the subject, does anybody have, or know where I can get, the round, end cover for the paper twinH filter? I am missing one.

Billy

FYI, they are the same as Chevrolet Corviar.
This discussion has been closed.