54 Hornet going to crusher

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I received this e-mail 6/14/04

We have a 1954 Hudson Hornet 4 door which is destined to go to the
crusher after this week ends if there is no interest in the
vehicle or motor. The motor, which has a fresh overhaul and has
not been installed nor run, is a Twin-H Straight 6 308.

At this final week the body will sell for $500.00 or be crushed.
As for the motor we will be considering any reasonable offers.

The vehicle and motor pictures can be viewed on our web site:
www.geocities.com/clacoa front page click on "Hudson Info"
Hudson info

Comments

• Dave, you might want to e-mail those people back to tell them that their website is on the fritz! I tried on two occasions to get there and got a 'temporarily unavailable' message.
  • I also got the E-mail about this car and had no trouble with the web site. Maybe the server was doing maint. when Jon tried
    Bob Hickson
    BJ--TN
  • I only get two photos to show up.....all the rest are x'd. (RO)
  • Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
  • Hi fellas:
    Here's a bit of an update. I got on the site the other day and there were about 5 or 6 pictures of the car. As you might think, it needs a total restoration. The color was originally robin's egg blue with a white top. The blue has been resprayed a much darker shade but the door jambs, firewall, etc. were not repainted. The "Hudson" link to those pics is now gone. There is now one picture of the freshly painted engine, laying on its side with the head off. Here's their description of it: "This motor has a fresh overhaul. It has never been installed or run. It was pulled from a 1954 Hudson Hornet 4dr. which was undergoing restoration. The restoration was not completed. New parts in this motor include; pistons, rings, piston pin bushings, rod/main/cam bearings, timing chain, cam gear, crank gear, cam shaft, push rods, rocker arms assemblies, lifters, intake & exhaust valves, valve guides & springs, oil pump." No price is given. (I would like to see how they installed those push rods & rocker arm assemblies though). wink.gif
    Tim in WI.
  • Why say $500 or go to crusher. Sell it for the cost of the metal (maybe $50.00) if you are going to "crush" it. Why want 500.00 in a week if your only going to get $50.00 for the metal. One of my favorite lines applies here, "keep it simple stupid"
  • The chassis has been sold and the photos of it, removed from the website. There is a new section on the site with a photo and description of the rebuilt engine, which is still for sale.

There were some problems in getting to the website earlier, but they have been corrected.
This discussion has been closed.