What Gasoline Really Cost

coverton
coverton Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Plent being said and bitched about on this front. Hard to get the earth bisquits tree huggers etc out of the picture but the ones we really need to get the anti trust,miller act and sherman anti trust fed's after is the majors and their gang of cronies. Simply go to the NY Merc and see what gasoline closed for Friday 21 Oct 2005. The spot was a mere $1.55 per gallon -NY harbor. Feds get 18 cents tax and the three *mega crooks in my lovely thieving state take an additional 27+ it adjusts up here each six mos as per the whls index. Friday that was a flat 2.00 per gallon in Selma NC 14 miles away at the Colonial pipeline terminal. I fully realise you can't throw up a"C" Store for less than 2MM and the brothers buying Newports,double duces and "40's" won't pay the rent. I have no problem with 10% plus opn cost of another 5% A long 15 equals $ 2.35. So where is the other $1.00 or whatever going ? The gas traders inbetween. And guess who they were or some of them were just an election ago ? As for the SUV's - the average person driving one looks like a monkey riding an elephants back. We could all drive a 4cyl small 40 mpg car with roll ups and a simple heater,the latter is all my Hudson has ? * The three mega D crats that run this state like Al Capone

Big "O"

Comments

• What someone drives is no ones business but their own. Simple economics will dictate whether one can afford to drive an SUV or a Civic. How many miles you drive per year is what matters. Your Hudson, driven zero miles per year, uses zero fuel, as does any vehicle. If you drive your 40-mile-per-gallon Civic 20K miles per year, you're using more fuel than I am with my 12K/year pickup at 18 mpg. So what I drive, or you drive, or what anyone else drives, ir irrelevant.

Do you know what I need to drive??? No, you don't. That would be like me telling you that you can't drive your Hudson because it's old. After all, you said that we could all get along in a 40 mpg car, right???
  • coverton wrote:
    Plent being said and bitched about on this front. Hard to get the earth bisquits tree huggers etc out of the picture but the ones we really need to get the anti trust,miller act and sherman anti trust fed's after is the majors and their gang of cronies. Simply go to the NY Merc and see what gasoline closed for Friday 21 Oct 2005. The spot was a mere $1.55 per gallon -NY harbor. Feds get 18 cents tax and the three *mega crooks in my lovely thieving state take an additional 27+ it adjusts up here each six mos as per the whls index. Friday that was a flat 2.00 per gallon in Selma NC 14 miles away at the Colonial pipeline terminal. I fully realise you can't throw up a"C" Store for less than 2MM and the brothers buying Newports,double duces and "40's" won't pay the rent. I have no problem with 10% plus opn cost of another 5% A long 15 equals $ 2.35. So where is the other $1.00 or whatever going ? The gas traders inbetween. And guess who they were or some of them were just an election ago ? As for the SUV's - the average person driving one looks like a monkey riding an elephants back. We could all drive a 4cyl small 40 mpg car with roll ups and a simple heater,the latter is all my Hudson has ? * The three mega D crats that run this state like Al Capone

Big "O"

Pardon my french, but WTF????

I cannot even read this illiterate post...

Am I getting old?

I think there might be something valuable in here, but it is all lost to translation. Please repost this and maybe clarify, without using ghetto script, or abbreviations, or whatever it is that you are using.

Thanks.
  • It's just a rant about the state taxes on gas as well as the SUVs. Patrick's right, what I drive is my business and if I can afford to feed it, so much the better. I drive a Ford F350 4X4 dually everyday 44 miles round trip to work and back. I get anywhere from 22-25mpg no matter what the truck's loaded with or hauling behind. In fact it rides a bunch better with about 1500lbs in the back...
  • My comment. Don't bitch about the D Crats as I remember NC helped vote in the current admistration. You voted for them , I didn't and I really enjoy driving my Honda.
  • Well, I live in PA. I like driving my tahoe, and this week for example, i could have driven my PT Cruiser to work, but chose the Tahoe instead. I like the comfort and security of being up high, and driving a large vehicle.

Being a big guy, it fits me well, more like an elephant/elephant (I at least could make out a few lines...)

Good news is that we didn't vote in the current admin, in PA. (nor did I help, for that matter)

If gas was really a major issue, and not just a gripe to me, I would have bought something more fuel efficient. I even sold my neon earlier this past year, but that was far from being fuel efficient. It never got more than 20MPG, due to the high lift cams and other "modifications" but it was sure fun to drive....
This discussion has been closed.