Hudson Brakes

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I have a 1950 hudson Commodore. Are there any other sources for brake parts and wheel bearings than kanter. I am not opposed to kanter, however i would like to compare prices.

eric

Comments

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Dave Kostansek- member- supplier of fuel pumps, water pumps, brake parts, seals, carbs, hoses, thermostats, gaskets, ignition, electrical for most year HET cars. Dave Kostansek, 7902 Route 7, Williamsfield, Ohio 44093 (440) 293-4079, until 10 p.m. EST
  • Eric-I have brake parts for your car. Norm Blackmer (909) 984 5544 --n.blackmer@netscape.com--Calif. Inland Chapter- Club Store -HET Club.
  • Eric-P. S.- You can find the bearings at any good Bearing House (store)-in the yellow pages under "bearings" Norm
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    Hi As Dave S Said Dave K Is Where We Get Just About All Our Rebuilt Parts And Ignition Parts He's A Good Hudson Guy Who's Just Like Us He And His Nephew Tim Get Things Out The Day You Order It His Brake Shoes Are Rivited Lining He May Even Have The Bearings Too He Also Have The Correct Size Positve Ground Strap And Negitive With That Goes To The Battery
  • My favorite source for bearings and seals is "The Bearing Doctor" at Old Car Bearings. I am not just talking about wheel bearings, I am talking any and every old bearing and seal you can think of. He has all the old books, cross reference charts and NOS parts you can think of. You can find him at most of the major meets like Hershey and Carlisle etc, but otherwise contact him at the following. This is ALL he does, so trust me when I say he knows his stuff cold. Add him to your list of suppliers, you will need him some day.

George Bachleda

(910) 693-3324

(HUDSON)brgdr@earthlink.net

drop the hudson

The Bearing Doctor

136 James Creek Road

Southern Pines NC 28387
  • The brakes are the easy part. However if you are looking for rear axle bearings Hudsons used Timken 25877T axel bearings. Which will cost you between 750.00 to 900.00 each at bearings supply houses if you can find them. The T stands for a tapered inner bore. 25877 are still made but have a straight inner bore that will not match the tapered axels on 37 to 51 Hudsons. Someone was going to have some 25877T's made for about 90.00 each but I guess there was no interest. Your best bet would be to find someone in the HET club who has a NOS bearing, and is willing to sell it to you at a reasonable cost.
  • Dave K is the guy for brake parts, and other hard to find hudson parts.

also for an alternative for brake parts, you can get all of the wheel cylinder kits, hoses (front and rear) and master cylinder rebuild kits directly from Autozone.

and you can get points, cap, rotor, condensor, stop light switch, front and rear shocks, and upper and lower radiator hoses from Autozone as well.

Oh yeah, you can buy spark plugs for your hudson at autozone, (champion h-10's) but it's more fun to buy them at wal-mart, and they're a couple of cents cheaper! (no kidding!)

This is where I got a lot of the parts for my 50 Commodore.

Still, Dave is the best for anything that you need that won't be stocked otherwise.

Also, the wheel seals front and rear should be available at any competent bearing house. they should have chicago rawhide numbers or at least be able to cross them easily.
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    After much searching I have found a few 25877T tapered wheel bearings here in Australia, they are rare, so if needed email me at Huddy42@optusnet.com.au
This discussion has been closed.