Hudson powered??

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi all,

My son and I just purchased a 1927 Chrysler 4 door with the idea of building a rat rod. Thing is I'm contemplating using a 308 Hornet engine in there....what do you think?

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

Sounds good to me... It would sure beat the Spitfire 6....Go for it.
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    Very cool. Sounds like a winner to me.
  • I got a 308 with twin H for sale, if you want to go that route.Arnie 53
  • Do it! Do it!
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Go for it. I seem to recall a Hudson powered late model Corvette, in a previous post. I believe the husband and wife were proudly showing it at a car show. Lee
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Ol racer wrote:
    FYI

Sounds good to me... It would sure beat the Spitfire 6....Go for it.

I've always been amazed at the names they put on those old boat-anchor motors. Most of the old Chevy 6's I had were more "Blue Smoke" than "Blue Flame"!:rolleyes:

Do the Twin H!:D
  • No comment.
  • arnie53 wrote:
    I got a 308 with twin H for sale, if you want to go that route.Arnie 53

Rebuilt, original, condition, transmission, price, location in WI?

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Mike,

I think I am offended? I'll need a few more minutes to think about it..(not really.) This little (all original) El Camino has the 235-6 with three on the tree. It has just under 50,000 miles on it and there is no blue smoke anywhere????

I am a Hudson 8 guy now, but I had a 308-6 Twin-H in my last car. I love the Hudson engines but I would not swap out this 235-6 for any engine currently or previously on the market......
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    No offense meant- I was referring more to the older stovebolts with the babbit bearings. When I was a kid and backyard mechanic, it was maddening to have something go wrong that I was simply powerless to fix- once the bearings loosened up on those old gals, off to the dump they went. Luckily, there were millions of them, and the next one was a close as the nearest junkyard. And with a little luck, the one you got was at least a little better than the one you scrapped. . .
  • Twin H in a Chevy?
    That would be even better than putting a Twin H in a Chrysler!!!!!(Chrysler is in the family since the 1980's right?)
    I like that idea! Since I retired I have thought about buying up GM Product's as I can afford to and puttting anything but a GM engine-tranny in it! Too bad I am officially broke.
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    I recently went to a Mopar only day drags, and was excepted in with open arms and even took out the best hot Rod and I had a Chevy in it HA HA

Mike
This discussion has been closed.