'46 pickup

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello, I have been reading this site for a few weeks now, looking for info about my latest find. I have tried to buy this 46 pickup since 1978 when I first worked on it in my uncles garage.Got a call last month to come and get it, he was ready to sell it.Been parked since '82.

Now that it is at home, I need help from all you experts.

Did any of these trucks have rear bumpers?

What is supposed to be on the dash below the radio bezel?

What size engine ?

Running boards have holes on top and sides. Rubber mat and crome molding?

Thanks for your help, I am sure more questions will follow. Doug

Comments

• Here is some info

No rear bumpers but there are few options. I included a pic of HudsonDaves truck you can see the custom one he had built. I have been given some advice on some others that work but I will leave that to those that have done it.

Under the radio bezel is a piece with the words Super Six. similar to the one on the Commodore.

I have a 308 in mine but it was added from a early 50 model. It runs great with this engine. Lots of power.

K-gap makes running boards and lots of other stuff for the truck.

We have a site called HETparts.com with some parts that may be of use.

Here is a shot of the side and the dash. This may help.

daves truck
  • Thanks for the info.This just raised more questions!! I didn't even know I was missing the super six plastic emblem,as the holes were painted over.I need to know what is also missing above that and below the HUDSON letters on the radio bezel?Looks like it is a piece of chrome trim that is seperate from the radio/speaker piece.Can't tell from the photos.

Is there any chance of finding the chrome moulding for the running boards? I will try to post some photos when I figger out how! The truck is solid black and I need to dress it up some.

What about the HUDSON letters on the side of the hood? Mine has screws or rivets in the holes painted over. Was this extra? What model parts are interchangeable.

thanks again for the help. Doug dkbarbee@vnet.net
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just a thought, Doug: you didn't mention where you live, but there's a good chance that someone with a '46-7 Hudson pickup may live within 2-3 hours of you, and it would be great if you could see their truck up close, in order to answer any of your questions. If you're in the H-E-T, just browse through your Roster to see who has what, in your state. (If you're not yet a member, you might consider joining. In the meantime, if you let us know where you live, one of us might be able to dig out the name of a 'neighbor' near you with one of these vehicles.)
  • Thanks guys for the response. I live about 35 miles out of Charlotte, N.C.

I was at the Good Guys rod run/show yesterday at Lowes motor speedway(Charlotte).

There was a white 46 pickup there. It was rusty, on a 4x4 chevy chassis,interior was custom.The owner said it came from Flordia.No help on extra parts. I will check on my wipers ;chrome/painted.Doug
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    There are owners of 1946-7 Hudson pickups in Fayetteville and Waxhaw. If you want to drop me an e-mail, I'll give you the complete contact information.

Jon Battle

HETdetailed@verizon.net (drop the HET before mailing)
This discussion has been closed.