1939 Hudson Grille Side pieces-WANTED !!!

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi, Looking for Side Grille pieces for a 1939 Hudson- I have been told, and have read that these are very, very hard to come by, any info would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Hi 39Fudson I just wrote a long reply and then the computer said I did something wrong oh well.The short message id I have a 39 Hudson and I was told the same thing finding those side pieces is darn near impossible but not totally imposible. I found NOS left and rights Paid $450 for outside grills plus the center and an emblem. My drivers side is in good condition no slats broken but maybe one of the mounting corners , I've never checked why it is loose in one corner. I found my grill pieces by running ads Old Cars Weekly and talking to HET club members You could run an ad in the White Triangle News Good Luck rwtown
  • I just wanted to take the time to say Thank you for your reply - I was given a few names of people that may have or may know of a pair for me, but the one guy keeps deleting my email and the other just wont respond. I have some parts from my '39 that I will not be using - I will keep you in mind when I go to get rid of them. Thanks :)
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    You don't say for what model '39 Hudson parts you are after, is it a 112 or a 118

I have a set for a 112.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    I'll sell ya a good set, horizontal bars, from a Series 97 for $2200.

I'll throw in the 97, 129"wb, with an 8 which ran when parked, and an electric hand with complete running gear. Fenders good and doors not too bad, but body barely casts a shadow. No gauges. Good center grill. Good Sealed beam conversions. Good bumpers with the triple bar center front.

Also a good solid 93, 122" wb six. Engine apart but rebuildable. Car is apart but all there and in nice condition. Old floors gone and frame cleaned. Good center grill. Good gauges. Good headlight lenses for original in-fender lights. All running gear. All chrome and trim including bumpers.

I'd put the 8 and the electric hand in the 93 and make a 95 out of it, and make a big boy pickup out of what's left of the 97

Got too many other Hudsons

HETcramergm@frontiernet.net and drop the HET
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention the Model, I have a 1939 Hudson 6 Model 91 , and I am just looking for the 2 Grill side pieces, any info leading to these would be greatly apprerciated.
This discussion has been closed.