not quite Hudson but worth a look

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi Guys, this isn't a Hudson but as you guys may have heard up there,

down under there is always a FORD Holden wars between the to cars factions

as these are the 2 main V8 brands

any how a radio station decided to build a Folden, front is a 69 mustang and 302 motor and the fire wall back is a HQ Holden and they have it on trade me raising money for charity at $97,000 odd k at the moment

check it out

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Other/auction-285860934.htm

Mike

Comments

• Nice work great price for charity so far:)
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    sure improved the look of the Mustang.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    OK, I am going to go out on a limb here and be nasty... so, here goes: Why a sedan? Why a Mustang? With all that they could have done to encourage a build for fundraising what is it with this choice? I do not understand. In my (never to be humble) opinion the best photo is of the girl in the two color outfit...
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    You have to read the Q&A down below, thats funny stuff!
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    we are a weird bunch down under, ford and Holden is always a love hate relationship just as would be in the states LOL

the only reason used the the Mustang front was it was the best they could find so they could tie the 2 different brands together and look like it was supposed to be there from the start

the HQ Holden is iconic brand down under, the HQ has a special racing series around that model that has a huge following

Mike
  • Thanks Mike! I know you guys love four doors down under, and this is a very nice job of a custom four door. I think we may have said a cross between the Mustang and Pontiac (or maybe Oldsmobile). I would have it in my garage if the price tag was more than I make in 3 years on disability! You have got to love the roominess of that engine compartment. Geez, you can fit a couple extra bodies in there! Does the nice looking model come with it? :-) Not sure I could hide her in the garage though! lol

Nice they are doing this for charity. Thanks for posting Mike.

Jay
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    WOW....that is some nice paint on that body :)
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    The bid is down from $96,000 to $72000 Why?
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Spencer Yarrow wrote:
    The bid is down from $96,000 to $72000 Why?

& dropping fast as the tyre kickers get exposed!!
  • ESSX28-1 wrote:
    & dropping fast as the tyre kickers get exposed!!

Bad news for the charity. But, hopefully, they will get some decent money from this. Its difficult enough these days for charities to get money in the door.

Jay
This discussion has been closed.