Essex pictures

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Here is a picture of the old gal as she sits now. Other pic is the custom frame that I found 100 miles away. It was actually made for a 1928 Essex 2 door. Everything was parted out at a sale. I got it for 500.00. White 9 inch ford gas tanks, running board brackets, fender brackets, front end and steering column. It has lincoln disc brakes on all four wheels. Just need to tweek the front end a bit. By my measuring it will fit under the essex just perfectly with no body mods required. Last pick is a barn fresh 41 stude commander. Anybody interested?

Comments

• Whoa!

That is a nice looking car. Are you really going to rod that out? Or......are you just jerking us around??

Well, it is your car.

Good luck

Steve
  • Yes that is the one I am talking about. And yes it is going to be one sweet, straight and fun to drive resto rod.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    On one hand it's a shame 'cause it would make for a nice restoration - on the other hand it looks like someone else is going to get some quality parts and frame (?) to use to restore theirs - and a Hudson of sorts will be on the road again instead of parked!

I think you did say you weren't going to chop it - which is cool (why do what everyone else does?) do you have any other body mods you are thinking about or is it going to look fairly stock outside?

• Nice car Steve! What do you have to tweek on the front end? Was it not set-up for a v8?

Just so you know, I think I've decided to go with a '04 Hemi/Auto Tranny for my Pacemaker (though tomorrow I'm going to call Fat Mans and see if they know of any problems fitting the Hemi into their subframe MII)!

Jay
This discussion has been closed.