Radiator needed for a 47 pickup.

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anybody know of a (more modern) radiator will work in a 47 pickup without too many modifications required?
I remember an old post about a dodge van radiator working in a stepdown but I can't recall any details...
I have already gone through 4 "replacements" and I think that it is time to get a new (not a used) replacement.

Thanks

Comments

• Does anyone have a cross reference for a McCord H47 radiator?
    Thanks
    Scottova
  • Well I found a website that claims to be able to make a new radiator to H47 specs for $430.

Is this a reasomable price?

Thanks
    Scottova@netscape.net
  • Do not understand why you have gone thru 4 replacement radiators? What is happening? Why not have your original radiator recored for about $200.00? Cliff Minard
  • hudsonguy
    hudsonguy Senior Contributor
    For what it's worth, I had PRC make an Aluminum vertical flow radiator for my '49 Hudson, and I couldn't be happier with it. It cost about $500, including shipping. It took about a month to make. It looks just like the original, except it's aluminum, of course. The best part is the way if performs. My 262 flathead rarely gets over 155 degrees. I would highly recommend this, if you have the time, etc.

For more information;

http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/159/
  • Maybe some of the more experienced Hudson Guru's might know if the radiator out of my '48 Super Six will work. There's nothing wrong with it, I just had a new one built when I converted to a Brand "X" engine. I was going to post it on E-bay, because I don't know what it's worth. I haven't ever seen one of these radiators on e-bay, so I have no idea how desirable they are. I can be contacted at wkitchen@midsouth.rr.com
  • The reason I want to get a new one is I keep getting used replacements and having them cleaned, tested, and repaired for over $125.00 each time. To re-core what I have will be over $500.

This is more than a new custom radiator (including a matching A/C condenser).

Unfortunatly none of the local shops can find a replacement for the McCord H47...

Thanks
    Scott
  • Contact Billy Kemp, Adamsville, TN; he might have an extra.
  • I do not have any spare radiators. Billy Kemp TN.
  • Stepdown radiators are completly different to '46 Hudson, so will not fit, '46 Hudson bolt to the chassis at the lower end of the radiator.
  • You guys spend to much money. I just got my 46 truck recored for $284.00. This was not a 4 core but a 3 core. Works great.

Jay Grady
  • Jay, where is this shop located?

Please email me at HET-Scottova@hotmail.com (delete the HET-).

Here in the Manassas area I have only found 2 shops willing to try (for 500 minimum)and will not gaurantee that it will work.

Thanks
    Scott
  • I just ordered a new radiator! Should be here in 2-3 weeks, I'll post more info when it arrives and again when I put it in...
This discussion has been closed.