Rambos/Dan Check this out!

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Maybe this can save you some work... looks decent! and it's on your side of the country... and only $100...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Hudson-Commodore-1949-Hudson-Commodore-8-Body_W0QQitemZ4585321710QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    It's already too late for me ;(

I've got too many hours of scraping, bloodshed and time at the hospital on the one I have now to just abandon it and all the fab work!

No - I'll be living with this 49 for a while and it will NEVER get torn down to the level it is now again (well at least as long as I own it!)

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me though - if it was 1 year ago I would be thinking more seriously about it!

• yeah, just thinking, none of us would be able to see the update on your progress either....

oh well...

BTW, here's one that I would probably put in a modern driveline...
  • I wish it was closer to me, I need the dash out of it ...my guages are all shot!!
  • Jim... Find another Hudsonite in Ca who is in need of the car or parts. Work a deal to buy the car and in exchange for the effort to part the dash you provide the remainder to that Hudsonite.

Just a suggestion on how to get the best results.

Cheers
  • I had the same thought Ken, so how about it folks? Any one in CA want to share a car? I need the guages and the steering wheel the rest is yours.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Jimalberta wrote:
    I had the same thought Ken, so how about it folks? Any one in CA want to share a car? I need the guages and the steering wheel the rest is yours.

Hi Jim

The listing says guages in place but there is no reference or pictures to show their condition. I'd say based on the outside pictures that the guages would be pretty rough...or did someone email the seller to ask?
  • That one has been off the road for a LONG time! Notice the pre-1956 California tag on the front bumper??? I'd like to buy the tag frame, if any of you buy the car!
  • Jimalberta wrote:
    I had the same thought Ken, so how about it folks? Any one in CA want to share a car? I need the guages and the steering wheel the rest is yours.

Here's a guy selling '49 gauges and such on eBay. Maybe you have already seen these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Hudson-Commodore-1949-Hudson-Commodore-8-Body_W0QQitemZ4585321710QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jay
  • try het parts.com we have photos and we do have two speedo & a clock the parts guys. thanks hudson dave
  • Thanks jsrail I bid and got the speedo and guage set for $30 each. I missed the clock.
This discussion has been closed.