Coupes upholstery

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi all, here is a little up date on the upholstery for my coupe, hoping to get a lot more done on her this week, still a tug here and there on the door panels to stretch the leather a bit more the roof is all in and looking good the pics are not the best where the roof intersects the rear corner of the coupe this bead detail will run down the wall panels

Mike

Comments

• bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor
    Nice, clean looking style. :)

Did you move the inside door handle position? Or is that where they were originally?

Keep the pictures coming.:)
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi Bent metal, this is where it was originally though I have seen them at the opposite end of the door, they must have some sort of remote set up on them, it does make it a little more difficult to get out but that might be the old girl telling me I need to spend more time in there LOL, the curves go with the lines of the dash and it all flows very well, I have the stereo set up on the rear parcel tray and there has been a curve each side of that to match in with the ceiling, I hope to have more pics this week

Mike
  • essexcoupe3131
    Went to see the old girl the other day, and the progress is slow, but workmanship is spot on, I forgot to take the camera, The rear 1/4 section is in and the parcel tray and sterio,the draft stop is on the door pillars, hoping the carpet is in this week and he will then be able to install the all side panels

Will post some this weekend when I have a look

I through my back out last Friday and to top it off Iam laid up in bed and poof there goes my laptop in a puff of black smoke, had to fork out for a new 1, man i couldnt believe how miserable I felt without a computer, not only does it have all my work stuff but all my favorite internet places and email addresses,and of course all the passwords to these sites

so good to be back on line

Mike
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi all have put some more pics up in the rod forum of the coupes upholstery

Here a couple of them

Thanks
  • essexcoupe3131
    I have been told that the old girl is going to be fully dressed this weekend

after about 3-4 months shes done, was there a couple weeks ago and he had made a big bag to catch all the water from the rumble seat gap where it meets the rear valance and also from the gutters, as I cant have water on the new carpet coming in going down hill :p

I'm yet to see the seats finished, I have seen the covers sewn but not applied

to the frames and what I have seen looks awesome

Yet to find out is the final cost but My upholster thinks it will come in on budget

but was yet to confirmed

What more could you ask a amazing job and on budget fingers XXXXD

Mike
  • bent metal
    Looks very nicely done. I like the color and the style.

First class all the way.

Can't wait to see it finished.:)
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi All, thought I was picking up the coupe today, got the call couple more days, but hes said come and have a look so we went here are the last pics
  • essexcoupe3131
    some more for you

thanks Mike
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Looking very good Mike. Can't wait to see it finished. Lee
  • essexcoupe3131
    thanks lee' here's 1 more pic

Mike
  • bent metal
    Looks to be very well thought out. I like the radio there and still have the wifes purse, or some folding chairs behind the seat. That's nice. The whole thing looks great! Thanks for showing the progress, please keep the pictures coming.

Also, the horn button and the shifter knob are a super nice touch.:)
  • essexcoupe3131
    Thanks for the comments Perry,

I am supposed to pick her up tomorrow but we will see, I am trying to make the fathers day drags at Mere mere on Sunday, going to see what a 100 or so extra pounds will do to her et's though we are going to throw some Av gas in her this time and if I can get my reaction times down, i just heard the news the weathers looking like cr--p over the next few days at least, bugger :mad:

thanks

Mike
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Looking good!!!! I hope that my turns out that nice. Heck, I just wish mine would get finished.....
  • essexcoupe3131
    Browniepetersen wrote:
    Looking good!!!! I hope that my turns out that nice. Heck, I just wish mine would get finished.....

Thanks Brownie, coming from you says a lot, there is a lot of people that I have great respect for on this site because of all the craftsmanship and you are in that gender

Well he was looking down from above yesterday and the sun came out in full

and was a pearlier, so I went and picked her up,

Scott has done a amazing job and is also a crafts man, people can always criticize other peoples work and have alternatives but taking someone ideas and making it work to there expectations, shes pretty much there,

She does as far as I am concerned isn't over cooked and is pretty classy

So I drove her home with the stereo pumping out Pink Floyd and was buzzing

all the way, to top it off I took her for a new warrant of fitness and she flew through

At the end of the day she will do the Essex/Hudson people proud
  • essexcoupe3131
    just a couple more

Today is a finalizing of 26 years of laughter and heart ache at times but the finished result has been worth the wait:)

I thank everyone for there encouragement through my journey and hope there's goes much quicker than mine

Mike
  • bent metal
    Wow, that's nice. I wouldn't change a thing.:)
  • What a stunning car! WOW!

Kevin C.
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    WOW!!! He did a fantastic job. As Tony the Tiger would say, "THAT'S GREAT"! Lee
  • Looks like the results were worth the wait!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL

BOB
  • essexcoupe3131
    BJ__TN wrote:
    Looks like the results were worth the wait!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL

BOB

Thanks for all the great comments guys:)

Was talking to the editors of the New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine

they want to do a feature on it and have already been giving suggestions of locations to show off the bright yellow

1 off the suggestions was a quarry and which I really like but

told them it wasn't ready for the crusher yet:D

I will give the Het club a bit of a push and get the opportunity to thank all the people that helped in the build over the years

Pity you guys don't get it there but I know it goes to our cousins across the ditch

thanks

mike
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Do let me know when that feature in NZHRM appears.

Essexly
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi David, will keep you informed on whats happening, Loaded the old girl up last weekend to give her another burst down the strip at the fathers day drags

We got half way to Meremere and my partner text me and was told that all the cars had to be post 48, a real bummer wanted to see what the extra weight was going to do :(

I had her loaded up in to my mate huge removal truck for the trip down and ended up giving her a run from there back home, had my daughter and two of her friends in the rumble seat coming back and they froze to there teeth were chattering:D

They wanted to be seen and paid the price

Mike
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    They won't realise what they missed at the Father's Day Drags!!! Or maybe they were just worried!!

Your daughter sounds like mine - she'll pay the price to be seen as distinct from paying the price (work!!) to acheive some goals!! But they learn.
This discussion has been closed.