Parts for 48 commodore eight wanted!

rockin tom
rockin tom Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello,

my name is Tom from Germany. I'm new here in this scene and i hope somebody can help me about some problems. I'm sorry that me english is not the best... :D

So here my problem: The good one is, that i just bought about 2 weeks ago a 48 hudson commodore eight four door sedan for restauration. The body condition is "restaurable" but there are some little parts missing.

The most important things are the front lights. There are some in there, but I'm sure it is from a german car, not the original and also not the original chrome for it. This one i need very very urgently... :o

I hope somebody could tell me how to get them, and also get sent to germany. Please contact via Personal-Mail or just write into this thread.

I would be glad if somebody has one for sale. Condition doesn`t have to be the best, just complete with glasses. The crome could be rusty, but without damages... :rolleyes:

I hope, i hope, i hope... :D

CU

Tom

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any digital pictures of your ride?

Which lights are you looking for the Headlamps or the front turn signals (mounted just above the bumper)?

I have some extra stuff depending on what you need...

Dan
  • We have over 30 to 50 parts that may work for you. I have attached a link to the list and the store. I can ship in one day if you wish. Please look over the items without dates as there are over 40 items that we have not dated. If we can be of any further help let us know.
    list Store
    We have over 400 parts now on the HETparts.com store. Most are NOS and more are comming.
    Lots of NOS lenes, speedos and some great chrome.
    Partsguy@HETparts.com
    Email me if you want to talk on the phone.
    Mike Cosmo
  • Tom,

Welcome to the forum, first of all.

I have mechanical specification sheets for 1948 Hudson - can email if you wish. email me at pax2728ab@netscape.net

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr
  • rockin tom
    Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have any digital pictures of your ride?

Which lights are you looking for the Headlamps or the front turn signals (mounted just above the bumper)?

I have some extra stuff depending on what you need...

Dan

Hello,

i just had a look on your website. You do a really GREAT JOB on your stepdown. Respect!

I'm looking for the headlights with the crome arround it.

Also the turn signals are not on the place where they should be. The holes in which the signals should normally fit in are closed by the owner from whom i bought the car. I want to reopen them and than i need the signals with glasses and crome too, because he doesn't have them any more. (thrown away or something... silly guy... :mad: )

Yes, i have some digital pics, but i can't put them on the internet. If you want, i can mail it to you.
  • rambos_ride
    rocking tom - Thanks for the props on the website!

I take it you need the wiring and lights for the turn signals as well? I only have extra lenses and stainless trim.

Yes, if you email me some pics I'll post them on this thread for you.

dan@ypfs.com
  • rambos_ride

thommas1.jpg

• rockin tom
    Thanks a lot for posting, dan!
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    Tom,

Let me know if you still need any parts. My father has a complete 48C8 that has serious frame problems so he is considering parting it out. It is complete, all chrome and trim in decent shape.

P-mail me for more info @ faustmb@yahoo.com

Matt
This discussion has been closed.