Front door lower hindge pin removal

LanceB
LanceB Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know of a way to remove the hindge pin from the lower hinfge on a '46 with out suing the Hudson tool to do this? I tryed with a C-clamp and it would not budge. :confused:

Thanks,

Lance

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Eastwood has a heavy-duty hinge-pin remover #31139 for $25. Don't know how it works, don't have one.

I drilled out the rivets holding the hinge to the door frame, then unbolted it from the door, and dealt with it on the bench with a punch and hammer.
  • hi lance my name is hudson dave. i worked on my 46 for two days i called a guy i know to get his thoughts on it he said your going to paint it right ? i said yes he said get me a cut of tool and cut from top to the bottom and it was out in two min. he then welded up the cut and in ten min. it was done a little grinding and you will never know it was ever cut .after two days this looked easy just a thought. once it is cut the pin comes easy hudson dave :)
  • hi lance my name is hudson dave. i worked on my 46 for two days i called a guy i know to get his thoughts on it he said your going to paint it right ? i said yes he said get me a cut of tool and cut from top to the bottom and it was out in two min. he then welded up the cut and in ten min. it was done a little grinding and you will never know it was ever cut .after two days this looked easy just a thought. once it is cut the pin comes out easy hudson dave :)
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    Hi Hudson Dave. Yes I'm sending it out to paint. If I cut the botton of the pin off would that make it easier to drive out? Also where do I find replacement pins for the hindges? Or are you saying to cut the hindge itself and re weld it?

Thanks,

Lance
  • hi lance what i meant was to cut the piece riveted to the car . the same way the pin is going . by cuting it releaces the presher holding the pin in the hole then nock the pin out it will come out easy once it has been cut then weld it up and re used the pins. HUDSON DAVE
This discussion has been closed.