hollywood 1/4 regulators on convertible

russmaas
russmaas Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am mocking up some hollywood regulators on a 50 hudson convertible 1/4 back windows. I am having trouble figuring out how to make the transition from cylinders. Can they bolt up or do they need to be modified some how? i bought some 54 regs at the national and was given some regs that supposly were off an hollywood from a convertible guy in New York. They are slightly different in size but both have one arm for the window as I would expect it would have (are differnt from the back door sedan regs). But both have no match to bolt up to the body panels on the convert. Anybody have pics or ideas? I assume hollywood regs would work. The front door hollywood regs work fine.

thanks Russ

Comments

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Hollywood regulators can be made to work. The mounting plate on Hollywood regulator is larger and new holes need to be drilled in inner panel or mounting plate. The length of the shaft has to be shortened. If you can find someone who has Super or Pacemaker convertible apart, they can measure length for you.
  • russmaas
    Dave can any of the original bolt holes be used? I seems to me that a additional panel may need to be welded for the 4 holes to bolt in, is this the case? Can the length of the shaft stay the same and just lower the mount. I assume the longer arm was used for the wider hollywood window.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I have never had to do it myself. I was fortunate enough to get the Super regulators for my 51 and 52 converts. Ask Bill Albright, as I am sure he has done swap.
  • russmaas
    What year and body style of the super?
  • You have to cut off arm and shorten it. I cant remember exact cut length, but any super, wasp or pacemaker conv with rear quarter roll ups can be used as a pattern put rollups in a 51 conv, but that has been 6 years ago, no problem bolting them in if you get the arms cut and rewelded to the right length, sorry I dont have any conv regs left to measure BILL AALBRIGHT
This discussion has been closed.