1954 Hudson Coupe Purchase Update

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Just an update. Got back from the Sacramento area last night having picked up the 54 coupe "parts car". It was just as described, very solid and straight rust free body. It is going to be a great fixer. Has the matching number engine and original tranny in it. He was a great old guy. Same one on e-bay who sold that unfinished black 54 coupe with all the redome chrome a few weeks ago. He sold to an Australian for $8,000. Anyway, the guy also has a beautiful '36 Ford roadster V8 forsale. He said he turned down $40K for it. He also has a '32 Nash 4 door sedan (not forsale). He gave me a complete twin H manifold which was nice of him. He also gave me 2 rear doors from a 54 sedan so that I could have the stainless off them. The doors are near perfect replacements if someone is interested.

On a final note, it was nice to get a "thumbs up" from a driver on the freeway while I was towing it home.... people love these old cars. Niels

Comments

• nhp1127 wrote:
    Just an update. Got back from the Sacramento area last night having picked up the 54 coupe "parts car". It was just as described, very solid and straight rust free body. It is going to be a great fixer. Has the matching number engine and original tranny in it. He was a great old guy. Same one on e-bay who sold that unfinished black 54 coupe with all the redome chrome a few weeks ago. He sold to an Australian for $8,000. Anyway, the guy also has a beautiful '36 Ford roadster V8 forsale. He said he turned down $40K for it. He also has a '32 Nash 4 door sedan (not forsale). He gave me a complete twin H manifold which was nice of him. He also gave me 2 rear doors from a 54 sedan so that I could have the stainless off them. The doors are near perfect replacements if someone is interested.

On a final note, it was nice to get a "thumbs up" from a driver on the freeway while I was towing it home.... people love these old cars. Niels

That's great! Are you planning on posting pics?

Russell
This discussion has been closed.