Clifford Performance

2»

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Yes Webbers are the choice for this manifold.  I dont have a price in mind yet.  From what i have seen NIB, the box is in pretty bad condition if that is of interest, they go pretty high. I have had 2 of the 2x2 but this is the only 2x1 I have ever seen.  I even have a copy of the original Edmunds instruction book! 
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

Yes, they use Webers and they are very difficult to get running right (you can ask Jason at Vintage Coach).  also you have to modify the inner fender panel to fit that air cleaners (Bent Metal did a great job).  All in all the Clifford intake looks cool but is very pricy to get right.  I should also mention you need a bit more cubic inches than the 308 in order to make the webers play well.  They like a bit more air, so a stroked and bored 7x is really what they want to see.  I guess for racing they work well but for the street they take a bit of work.

Jay

• esfoder
    esfoder Expert Adviser
    I never checked back with them to see if they started making one. Ive been lurking around different sites and have never heard of Cliffords making one. I have since got a Edmunds twin 2 barrel intake for my engine. I think they could sell some of them if they were to make them but I don't think it will ever happen. For what I paid for the Edmunds I'm sure that one could be manufactured and sold for profit. Just my opinion.

Dusty
This discussion has been closed.