Dual Carb Manifold on Hudson 8

50C8DAN
50C8DAN Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
In getting the C8 back on the road I am trying to decide if I should use the stock carb/manifold setup or use my Edmunds dual carb manifold. It uses two WGDs. I am concerned at possibly over carbing the engine. Has anyone out there had any experience with this setup or know anyone that did?

Thanks

Dan

Comments

• Dan-

This was posted by Aaron D. in another thread because your original post showed up there:

Dan I don't think you'd over carb the 8 with 2 carbs in fact I think some pre-war racecar drivers had dual carbs on the inline 8. Bill Hill in HET has done it I think or will be but if you call him he'll talk your ear off.

Russell
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Russell:

Thanks for the info. I was wondering where my original thread went to? Where did Aaron find it?

Dan
  • 50C8DAN wrote:
    Russell:

Thanks for the info. I was wondering where my original thread went to? Where did Aaron find it?

Dan

I found it in the post: "Dream Hudson!".

Russell :)
  • the two carb 8 cyl manifold will not fit under the hood of a stepdown, carbs too high. OK if you want to cut a hole in the hood. that manifold was designed for the early 8 in pre stepdowns. will buy it for my 4` 8 if you want to sell it, BILL ALBRIGHT
This discussion has been closed.