Stock cars

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I'm looking for some info and pictures of Hudson stock cars and how they dominated the tracks in the fifties. Can any one point me to some good articles and pictures about all this?

Comments

• Jimalberta wrote:
    I'm looking for some info and pictures of Hudson stock cars and how they dominated the tracks in the fifties. Can any one point me to some good articles and pictures about all this?
    Jim: Two sources that I have and are available for purchase.

Forty Years of Stock Car Racing Volume One of Four, The early years 1949-1958 By Greg Fielden, The Garfield Press P.O.Box 15009 Surfsidem, SC 29587 ISBN 0-9621580-2-X 1992...

I bought my copy in the gift shop at Darlington International Raceway $24.95... 803-395-8821

Hudson Stock Cars on cover of book and many pictures and races described in the book.

Tim Flock Race Driver by Larry Fielden 1991 The Garfield Press P.O.Box 15009 Surfsidem SC 29587 ISBN 9621580-8-9

Racing Collectibles, Frances Flock PO 560091 Charlotte, NC 28256
    I do not remember the cost...

My copy is signed by Tim and Frances Flock. Frances sold me the book at the Moonshine festival in Dawsonville, Ga.

Focus is on the FLOCK Family ... but this book ties the early years of Stock Car racing together. It recognizes early association of drivers who successfully transported liquid refreshments from the hills of GA and TN to Miami and other hot spots. Engine and car preparation skills were naturally the same as those needed to make a jalopy successful in a dirt track competition. The story of how Hudson and the Flocks got together makes up chapter nine of the book.

Hope this helps
  • Thanks Ken but I was just hoping to find something on the internet.
  • Jimalberta wrote:
    Thanks Ken but I was just hoping to find something on the internet.
    There are some here.... http://www.hudsonclub.org/hethist/racepics.htm
This discussion has been closed.