Interesting trivia

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I found a Car Distribution Department Bulletin in the latest batch of stuff I'm scanning that has something interest to the 1949 Hudson owner;

Production of "490' series cars will begin Wednesday, October 27, 1948, the first car bearing #492101.

The last "480" Model produced was car #482117301.

Bulletin DL.48-25, dtd 10-27-48.

Hudsonly,

Alex B

Comments

• Alex,

I've been to your web site many times before and am totally astounded with all the information you have. With that being said do you have similar information like this on production of the 1942 Hudsons?

I would love to know if mine is pre December 7 or post.

PaceRacer50
  • Alex,

I've been to your web site many times before and am totally astounded with all the information you have. With that being said do you have similar information like this on production of the 1942 Hudsons?

I would love to know if mine is pre December 7 or post.

PaceRacer50

So far this 1948-1948 info is all I've come across - but I've still got 4 notebooks to go thru so who knows. If I find it I'll post on the forum.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • mars55
    mars55 Senior Contributor
    One way tell if it is post Dec 7 built is if some or all of the chrome is painted. For an example of this see the Novmber 2005 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. There is a '42 Plymouth sedan on the cover with all the trim and bumpers painted gray.
  • My 49 coupe starts with 491104, where would that put it in the scheme of things? Also the engine says Power Dome 309117 CWC E44 and then there is a circle of no's 1 to 8 with an arrow pointing to 1. Any ideas what all that means?
  • the arrow indicates the time of day the casting was poured, bill albright
  • Looks like you have the forth 1949 Hudson built.
This discussion has been closed.