I need help finding the id number on a 33 Hudson

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello, I am new to the Hudson scene and I am trying to postively id a 1933. Where are the Id's stamped on the frame and are there any sources to find out what year that stamped id was used. Thanks.... :confused:

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Generally they'll be found on a plate located on the right front door (windshield) post, or on the firewall (engine side); I'm not sure which, on the 1933. As to other locations, in the later 1930's Hudson stamped them on the right side frame rail in the vicinity of where the front axle passes beneath it, or a bit farther back. Not sure whether they were on top, or side, however. And they also stamped it on the rear axle housing, right side, top (12 o'clock position). You will have to wire-brush it to see it through the rust.
  • Not sure if they moved the ID plate by 1933 - up to around that time the plates were on the firewall, in the engine compartment, passengers side.

Locations by Jon B are pretty much correct.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Standard Catalog of American Cars says the number is on a plate on the firewall (engine compartment side), and on the right rear frame crossmember (the one on my '36 there was on top of the crossmember, so impossible to see with the body on the frame!). I know the 1930 thru the later thirties Hudsons all had the firewall plate, so you should find it, or four holes where it was. On the 1930 it's near the top of the firewall, a bit left of center. I would think 1933 the same.
This discussion has been closed.