Petronix for 56 Hornet eng 6V pos grd

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
What are the differances in the distributers? same housings differant advances(vac/mech.)? Have two Dist. #IGS 4213 1D(on eng.) and IAT 4203A 9J. They look the same. Spec page says I should have # IAT 4202. what number should I give Petronix? Any help appreciated. Dave

Comments

• I had same problem, but I had a "55/56 distributor in my 52 Hornet. Looks the same, is the same, but different numbers. I didn't realize it till I took out distributor and the Pertronix didn't fit, then checked numbers. Weren't listed in my shop manual. I had ordered from the numbers I had on some xtra distributors. the thing is it did fit. But not with the new vacuum advance I had put in. The arm had a slightly different bend. Put in a vacuum advance from a core and the whole thing fit perfect. Pertronix said they didn't make it for my distributor, but in essence it was the same as the earliar numbers listed in my shop manuel. Threw me for a loop though. Now I drive with the Pertronix in the wrong distributor. Runs great. I did switch to 12 volt though.

Noah
This discussion has been closed.