This is what I am starting with Essex

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
This is a pic of my 1928 Essex coupe that I will be rodding. It is a solid all steel body. My plans are:

2 x 3 tube frame (already built for the car)

9in ford rear with triangulated four bar

rear coil over shocks

4 wheel lincoln disc braking

Mustang 11 front end (better for highway crusing than straight axle)

front coil over shocks

1958 354 Chrysler Firepower hemi - 4 barrel carb, mild cam, headers etc.Finned aluminum covers, red engine block and red accents.

700R4 Automatic for cruising

Full Fenders and bumpers, no roof chop, small enough inside already

No hood

SS firewall to show off the hemi

Wide whites with red steelie wheels

Solid gloss black

Red and black tuck and roll interior, rumbleseat done to match, my daughters enjoy riding in it!

Skulls head shifter

All cowl lights, stock headlights and chrome wind wings

Chrome door handles and bumpers and rad shell with gloss black shutters and red pinstiping(hot rod style)

The idea is to keep the Essex looks, give it a nostalgia rod feel, make it look different (hemi powered instead of chevy) and build a nice highway driving car. But when you see it, you will know it is not a Ford or Chevy but an Essex. My dream is to do the hotrod power tour and enjoy the car with out breaking the bank to build it. It was a gift from my father, he wants to see it made into a nice rod as well. He even helped me get the hemi, which i found in an old military air compressor.

I am sure I will never see another one the same as mine!!! I hope you guys will be supportive and not negative as some purists are, but I think rodding a car is just as cool as restoring and believe that cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed and seen!!

Attached Images

Comments

• What, no mild chop? Just kidding. Sounds like a great project even though you also have a great car for restoration. I've been thinking, I've got a 354 sitting without a body, maybe a stepdown...
This discussion has been closed.