'36 Hudson

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I'm glad someone started this forum. I have a '36 model 63 4dr sedan with a 350 Chev in it that runs 12.5's in the 1/4. This will be my 15 year old daughter's car with some de-tuning. The 17 year old daughter is getting a '54 Super Jet 4dr with a 78 Corvette engine and trans. I have other Hudson powered cars as well, and I like them both ways.

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    I'm glad someone started this forum. I have a '36 model 63 4dr sedan with a 350 Chev in it that runs 12.5's in the 1/4. This will be my 15 year old daughter's car with some de-tuning. The 17 year old daughter is getting a '54 Super Jet 4dr with a 78 Corvette engine and trans. I have other Hudson powered cars as well, and I like them both ways.

12.5's SWEET!

Are you going to de-tune it by taking the 350 out! That's crazy fast for any teenager boy or girl!
  • I don't know Dan........I totalled 3 cars by the time I was 18 (I had owned 6 or 7 by then) and only one of them was a V8 (1970 Cougar XR7 351C)! The first was a 70 Triumph Spitfire (stone embankment wall) and a 65 Mustang inline 6 (3/4 ton Chev p/u rear bumber)!

Of course not all of the 12 auto and 2 motorcycle accidents were my fault......a few were just bad luck!

But seriously, don't let them drive like I did! (though I hate to admit how much fun I had!)

Jay :-)
  • The cam is 525 lift 305 duration. Thats the first thing to go. Then the Predator carb... It's going on my stroker Hornet engine.
  • Hi there. I too have a 36 and in need of side moulding clips. Do you have a source?

thanks, Jerry in Iowa.
  • I'm glad someone started this forum. I have a '36 model 63 4dr sedan with a 350 Chev in it that runs 12.5's in the 1/4. This will be my 15 year old daughter's car with some de-tuning. The 17 year old daughter is getting a '54 Super Jet 4dr with a 78 Corvette engine and trans. I have other Hudson powered cars as well, and I like them both ways.

12.5!!! That's almost as good as the 86 Monte Carlo I used to have (11.8 - 12.1) And all that had in it was a 305, slightly modified!!! So I found out after I sold it.

I ran it over at the Memphis drag strip during one of there "bring it and run it" days while I was visiting my daughter.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • What kind of rear and springs did you put in? Jerry
This discussion has been closed.