1949 Hudson custom in latest Lowrider magazine

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Really nice 1949 Hudson Brougham in the latest Lowrider, thought I'd share for anyone who hasn't seen it

http://www.lowridermagazine.com/features/1008_lrmp_1949_hudson_brougham/index.html

Comments

• MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    Thanks for posting. Beautiful car. Boyfriend needs to "watch his back"! LOL
  • I've got to remember that 'low rider' does not necessarily mean 'chopped top' - :blink:

Looks good, and doesn't look like the roof's been lowered any...
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Hudson308 wrote:
    Grumpy wrote:

You only need to lower the roof if you've got one of those "tall window" Mercurys and you want it to look like a Hudson! :P

Thanks for the post, Arik!

Ha! I got a friend with a nice chopped Merc. He's a smarta$$ and not a big fan of Hudsons, so I'm definitely using that next time he gives me any crap.
  • Richard E.
    Richard E. Senior Contributor
    Marisa Rosales and her boyfriend, Leo Milla are members of our Southwestern Borders Chapter of the HET, I featured their car in our most recent newsletter. It is really a beautiful car. They bring it out to lots of local shows, including Cruisin' Grand, Escondido's cruise night.
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    Wow....fantastic!!!......someday
  • Hudson308 wrote:
    Grumpy wrote:

You only need to lower the roof if you've got one of those "tall window" Mercurys and you want it to look like a Hudson! :P

Ha! I got a friend with a nice chopped Merc. He's a smarta$$ and not a big fan of Hudsons, so I'm definitely using that next time he gives me any crap.

Challenge him to a race and then he'll shut up.
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    nhp1127 wrote:
    Hudson308 wrote:
    Grumpy wrote:

Challenge him to a race and then he'll shut up.

Heh, first bump will leave his drive-train on the pavement.
  • Richard E.
    Richard E. Senior Contributor
    Here is a picture that I took of the hydraulics in this Brougham. Some of it is antique aircract stuff, WWII vintage.

• essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    Richard E. wrote:
    Here is a picture that I took of the hydraulics in this Brougham. Some of it is antique aircract stuff, WWII vintage.

that is a piece of art

Mike
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    Ohhhhh....my knees just buckled.....WOW!!!
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Would love to see that car in Laughlin next month. How come no one has said anything about that cool "prismatic metalic" paint job. One cool car....
This discussion has been closed.