my 49 full custom hudson

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
got the 49 on the road. it has a 500 caddy motor, suicide doors, 61 ply dash, bumperette tail lights, straight pipes, and equipped with hydros...still a project but its a daily driver

Comments

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Nice ride--she is going to give you a lot of fun times....
  • What an interesting combination of items you have there. I can't realy tell
    but it looks like you made your own steering wheel . Looks like a Hudson hub
    and coloumn but the outer parts of the wheel - I don't know.
    I love the bumperette/tail light's ,
    Roger
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    edited October 2010
    I like the Buick headlights, and the bumperette tail lights- where did they come from?

On second thought- are they Kaiser headlights?
  • Sweet ride how about some more photo's!B)
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Very nice! Different and unique with enough of the original car untouched so we know what we're looking at. I really like the Plymouth dash. Definitely, more pics!
  • sweeeet, love the satin black pj,i am debating whether to spray my 53 5c satin or original ebony black. J.R.
  • she's a beauty, awesome ride man. mine still far from ridable but yours def inspires me to hurry up. more pics indeed.
  • Glad it's another Hudson on the road. Lots to like about it but don't really like the Buick headlights... looks too much like a Buick....
  • I see you need a left side windshield, contact Jason at Albrights, he has the glass. Walt.
  • hoggyrubber
    hoggyrubber Expert Adviser
    looks like you were considering trades on the hamb site. wish i had something good enough to, because i could really enjoy riding around in this. nice work!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    yes i was thinking about it because i still have my 50 hudson coupe, but have changed my mind and am getting rid of another custom i have!!! so now i have ripped all the interior out of the 49 dismantled the dash and its getting a nice makeover!!! pics to come! does anyone have door panels they will sell me for this???
  • I like the car. First Hudson I've seen with Buick headlamps, they look good. That's a great meld with the Plymouth dash, wouldn't have thought it would work so well.
  • 37 CTS
    37 CTS Senior Contributor
    My good friend , Starkey, worked in the design department of Hudson in 1951 and 1952. From there he went to Chrysler design and in 1960 designed this instrument panel that you installed in your car. Your choice is very orginal.
This discussion has been closed.